Dug a few good ones...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: nhpicker

Thanks for the information. Do you have an idea as far as value? I can't seem to find it in any books. Not that bottle price guides are always accurate. Even a guesstimate would be helpful. Thanks again.

Matt's book on medicines says $40 for the Agnew's cure. That will give you a ball park. Your's might be more because of the variation. How much more would be based on what the market says it's worth. Nice bunch of bottles BTW.

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Nice dug haul! Some good Ebay $$ if you want, and a cool cure. I've never heard of it!

One of Matts ads on that bottle has a testimonial from the N.W.T. (Northwest Territories Canada, i would think), Maybe a Montreal proprietor? but it also says distributed by W. Richardsons. We all know S.O. Richardson from N. Reading mass, but there is a varient of it by his brother or cousin or something W.L. Richardson. So Maybe a Canadian Dr. using Richardson as a distributor?

I'm about to lose my business/real estate etc. so I'm not in a "buyers" market for bottles. But sometimes I think if I was, I'd load up on cure bottles, for a few reasons. One because they are just cool and interesting, but also a guy named Wolfe, i forget his first name, he's from Ohio, nice guy, (he may be reading this post), has been advertising that he's looking for cure bottles, for his collection, but also for a book he has been saying he was going to write for 10+ years now! everyone is impatiently waiting for it :)
I'm just picturing a book coming out, like Rings Bitters book, and "embossed cures' spiking up in value, due to the publication of a big serious "For Bitters Only" type of book, except for cures.
Sorry for the ramble.
Definately a great days dig! Thanks for the post

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The Agnew's isnt rare but the one you have looks like one of the earlier ones. I would pay $40 for one like that clean and undamaged.

Price guides are always just an estimate , if I could predict exactly what people will pay I'd be rich.[;)] Some estimates are just better than others.

u diggin

Reaction score
awsome dig looks like you found the sweet spot

thanx for the pix

ken

swizzle

Reaction score
I wanna play in your sand box. Your sand box has better looking bottles. Swiz

nhpicker

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information guys. I appreciate it. I hope you all are getting out to do a little digging. By the looks of this place, it seems like you all are finding some great stuff. Thanks again.

nhpicker

Lordbud

Reaction score
If you do decide to sell a bottle or two on ebay I'd add a reserve price. The bottle market for mid-range examples right now is up and down and all around price-wise. A low opening/starting bid with a reserve almost always brings more action than a "too high" starting/minimum bid. I check ebay twice a day everyday and there are loads of bottles with too high opening bids that are constantly relisted, particularly those bottles offered in ebay stores.

nhpicker

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: downeastdigger

Nice dug haul! Some good Ebay $$ if you want, and a cool cure. I've never heard of it!

I'm about to lose my business/real estate etc. so I'm not in a "buyers" market for bottles. But sometimes I think if I was, I'd load up on cure bottles, for a few reasons. One because they are just cool and interesting, but also a guy named Wolfe, i forget his first name, he's from Ohio, nice guy, (he may be reading this post), has been advertising that he's looking for cure bottles, for his collection, but also for a book he has been saying he was going to write for 10+ years now! everyone is impatiently waiting for it :)
I'm just picturing a book coming out, like Rings Bitters book, and "embossed cures' spiking up in value, due to the publication of a big serious "For Bitters Only" type of book, except for cures.
Sorry for the ramble.
Definately a great days dig! Thanks for the post

I will probably toss a couple on ebay eventually.

Bram, I am sorry to hear about your business. I know a lot of people that are having the same difficulties as you are. You are a prolific digger/diver. I have always had a lot of respect for you. Keep your head up, you WILL bounce back. I recently went through some difficult times myself and must say, it brought a lot into prospective for me. It made me realize that you just have to do the best you can in life. It also made me realize sometimes your best just isn't good enough and to not get upset about things you have absolutely no control over. Good luck and keep digging...your finding some great stuff.

nhpicker

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Staunton Dan

Matt's book on medicines says $40 for the Agnew's cure. That will give you a ball park. Your's might be more because of the variation. How much more would be based on what the market says it's worth. Nice bunch of bottles BTW.

Thanks Dan, you have been digging some good stuff yourself. Hope all is well.

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: nhpicker

ORIGINAL: Staunton Dan

Thanks Dan, you have been digging some good stuff yourself. Hope all is well.

Yep, all is well. I have just been keeping a low profile and not digging as much now that it has gotten hotter. I look forward to the time when I can get out and dig in the good ol' Virginia dirt once again.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp