Dug a Trash Pit.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Saturday a Friend of mine invited me to try to dig some Privy's at a 1901 House he got Permission from. SO, When I get there, 2 bad signs, 2 newer additions added to back side of House & in back Corner a Big Shed, right where they typically put the Privy, I probe all around back property line & nothing, I probe up left side & nothing. Didn't wanta probe right side because he said right side had a Ceptic Tank & about a extra 2 foot of dirt added on top of whole right side & it was because it was a foot or 2 higher then neighbors yard on that side. At fence line dropped at least a foot. I probed behind addition & felt lots of crunchy glass. SO, We start digging & this is our first Bottle only like a foot down. Teal Blob, I guessed what it was before it ever got pulled out of the dirt. What's your guess? LEON.
P1040025.JPG
P1040026.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
nobody wants to guess what it is? didn't think it was that difficult?

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
I am stumped. So far I am loving the pictures of the awesome color blob you have uncovered. I enjoy your post.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Looks like a Saratoga to me. We used to dig those at an old resort dump we dug when I was a kid...some were base embossed and some completely slick.

hemihampton

Reaction score
The newbie I was digging with seemed excited & said whatcha think is it a good one & before he even fully dug it out or pulled it out I said NAH, I'm not to impressed, it looks like a common Congress Mineral Water to me. SO, Sure enough he finish's removing the dirt around it & carefully slowly removes it from it's 120 year old Tomb & slowly wipes the Dirt off it, sure enough the Bottom sez Congress Mineral Water just as I suspected & he sez Your right, how'd you know. LEON.

bottles_inc

Reaction score
I knew it was one of those congress blobs the second I saw the pic. Wish I had seen this thread earlier

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
The newbie I was digging with seemed excited & said whatcha think is it a good one & before he even fully dug it out or pulled it out I said NAH, I'm not to impressed, it looks like a common Congress Mineral Water to me. SO, Sure enough he finish's removing the dirt around it & carefully slowly removes it from it's 120 year old Tomb & slowly wipes the Dirt off it, sure enough the Bottom sez Congress Mineral Water just as I suspected & he sez Your right, how'd you know. LEON.
I saw them when I was researching a saratoga I got.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Well, That was the good news, it didn't really get too exciting after that, I hoped it would but didn't happen. we did find a Fruit Jar & I figured it was the usual Mason but instead it was a fine GEM, Pun intended. LEON.
P1040032.JPG
P1040033.JPG
P1040034.JPG

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora