Dug a woodlined Privy Today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Great dig and post guys. Really appreciate the in situ photos.. You can never post too many of those. Thanks for sharing and please, post your next dig as well. P.S. There may be another pit on that same location, so be sure to check the area out thoroughly.

hemihampton

Reaction score
2find4me said:
Looks like a great thing to do on a lazy Saturday afternoon! You've probably already seen these, but here are a few links on your Frank Marx Brewing Co. Bottle: History....History.....History.Goebel Brewing Co. History. Photo of company.Thanks for sharing!

Most of those links I never read before. Thanks for those, Much Appreciated. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Bass Assassin said:
Great dig and post guys. Really appreciate the in situ photos.. You can never post too many of those. Thanks for sharing and please, post your next dig as well. P.S. There may be another pit on that same location, so be sure to check the area out thoroughly.

We suspect quite a few more Privies in the area. That should keep us busy but they are hard to find. THANKS, LEON

RED Matthews

Reaction score
At thids time I am working on turn or paste molded bottles that have applied lips like a blob ty0e finish and I am especiaoly looking for bottles with vertical inch long stress lines in the neck glass under the finish. I know that some also have applied handles on them. It is just part of a blog that I am putting together for my home page. If anyone has examples of these markings, I would pay for shipping just to borrow them, for pictures and study subjects - t0 help put more examples in my blog project. RED Matthews <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com>

hemihampton

Reaction score
BUMP, OLD POST BUT LOTS OF GOOD PICS. MIGHT BE BACK HERE SOON. LEON.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp