Dug More Cobalt Blue Hutch's.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Today on my 1/2 hour Lunch Break I drove by a House they recently Tore down. I go straight to the back of the Property because that's where the Bottles & Privy's Typically are. And if they tear out the Concrete Garage Floor good chance they will kick up some Bottles. BUT, I look around & not much, just a few Shards like broken Hutch Top, Detroit Medicine & other variety of Miscellaneous Glass. As I'm leaving I look into crawl space hole left behind thats a big Square area but only like 3 feet deep & I see a old Broken Bottle & Cobalt Blue Hutch Shard. I look around & then see the very Bottom of what looks like a Cobalt Blue Hutch Sticking out of the Dirt. Hmmm, Wonder if broke or intact????????? LEON.
P1040891.JPG
P1040893.JPG
P1040894.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
Still had original Stopper intact. Since I only had 5 minutes on my Lunch Break left I didn't have time to dig more which was devastating. As I left I seen a huge pile of broken glass the Bulldozer or Backhoe Shovel left behind. SO, I gotta hit it tomorrow Morning before it gets plowed under & disappears forever. Wish me luck. LEON.
P1040903.JPG

embe

Reaction score
Nice way to spend your lunch break. Good luck!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice one! Even if it is more common it's still a beautiful bottle. Hopefully there are more waiting there this morning!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Went back this Morning & all I found was Broken Shards. Tons of Broken glass. My Buddy that went with me did find a nice 7 or 8 oz. Wegener & Sons tooled or Hand Finished Crown Top laying in the Mud. Nice Slug Plate & Lettering on that one & in good Condition. That's about it, A real Disappointment. Lots more to dig but getting tired & would really need a Bulldozer to get the rest of it & I'm sure there is more hidding in there somewhere. LEON.

Jstorm

Reaction score
Went back this Morning & all I found was Broken Shards. Tons of Broken glass. My Buddy that went with me did find a nice 7 or 8 oz. Wegener & Sons tooled or Hand Finished Crown Top laying in the Mud. Nice Slug Plate & Lettering on that one & in good Condition. That's about it, A real Disappointment. Lots more to dig but getting tired & would really need a Bulldozer to get the rest of it & I'm sure there is more hidding in there somewhere. LEON.
Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky