Dug More Cobalt Blue Hutch's.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JDB

Reaction score
Today on my 1/2 hour Lunch Break I drove by a House they recently Tore down. I go straight to the back of the Property because that's where the Bottles & Privy's Typically are. And if they tear out the Concrete Garage Floor good chance they will kick up some Bottles. BUT, I look around & not much, just a few Shards like broken Hutch Top, Detroit Medicine & other variety of Miscellaneous Glass. As I'm leaving I look into crawl space hole left behind thats a big Square area but only like 3 feet deep & I see a old Broken Bottle & Cobalt Blue Hutch Shard. I look around & then see the very Bottom of what looks like a Cobalt Blue Hutch Sticking out of the Dirt. Hmmm, Wonder if broke or intact????????? LEON.View attachment 232819View attachment 232820View attachment 232821
That hutch is beautiful if you have extras would you be interested in selling one?

hemihampton

Reaction score
That one I just Dug is a Extra. Lost count but got about 15 different variations of Cobalt Blue Norris's. Dug a few of them over the Years. Pics below. LEON.
Norris14Blue2.JPG
CobaltBottles3.JPG
grouppic300.JPG
Leoninbluehutchhole.jpg

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Somehow I think Detroit/Elsewhere should have an Emergency Artifact Rescue Squad. It could possibly be attached to the City Museum/Conservation Commission, etc. where old properties get an automatic quick look rescue window in which the bull dozers legally wait a certain short time period. In that time frame the local Hemis pull out whatever they can. Maybe the authorizing entity gets the first example then the duplicates go to the volunteer diggers. Hey, I'm just saying... HemiHampton, you're a hero and should be in the National Bottle Collector's Hall Of Fame. You got my vote long ago!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch