Dug my very Last Bottle of the Year.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
In the past I'd like to post my last bottle dug of the year & the first bottle dug of the year. Usually on this day, December 31 st it's usually 3 feet of snow & temps in the 20's. BUT, Today it was temps in the 40's & no snow, zero. SO, Figured I'd get out & find something. Got a tip on a possible dump but when I went there there was nothing, no dump, just a wild goose chase. But I ran into 2 old timers drinking a Beer & hanging out on the Rivers Edge on a Trail. I ask if they know of any dumps around. They tell me keep following this trail, ect., ect., ect.,. & you'll find some old bottles in a Dump. So I follow there advise & there it is, I'm standing on top of a dump along the Rivers Edge. The only way you can tell your standing on a dump is because you can see the bottles on the edge of River Bank falling into the River. I venture down the slippery muddy steep 8-10 feet drop till I'm on the side of River Bank with my feet about foot from the water. Very Dangerous & Risky, Could of easily fell into freezing cold River & almost did but I just had to get to these Bottles. After risking my Life what do I see? nothing but a bunch of 1940's screw top Condiments & other assorted worthless non collectible junk. At least to me, I'm sure some others love these newer 1940's dumps. I see the tip of a Milk Bottle top sticking out of the Muddy Wall. I give it a pull & out comes this fine Gem. Extremely common but glad I got at least one good Bottle on the last day of 2021. LEON.
AMDmilk123121.JPG

Last edited:

Old man digger

Reaction score
In the past I'd like to post my last bottle dug of the year & the first bottle dug of the year. Usually on this day, December 31 st it's usually 3 feet of snow & temps in the 20's. BUT, Today it was temps in the 40's & no snow, zero. SO, Figured I'd get out & find something. Got a tip on a possible dump but when I went there there was nothing, no dump, just a wild goose chase. But I ran into 2 old timers drinking a Beer & hanging out on the Rivers Edge on a Trail. I ask if they know of any dumps around. They tell me keep following this trail, ect., ect., ect.,. & you'll find some old bottles in a Dump. So I follow there advise & there it is, I'm standing on top of a dump along the Rivers Edge. The only way you can tell your standing on a dump is because you can see the bottle on the edge of River Bank falling into the River. I venture down the slippery muddy steep 8-10 feet drop till I'm on the side of River Bank with my feet about foot from the water. Very Dangerous & Risky, Could of easily fell into freezing cold River & almost did but I just had to get to these Bottles. After risking my Life what do I see? nothing but a bunch of 1940's screw top Condiments & other assorted worthless non collectible junk. At least to me, I'm sure some others love these newer 1940's dumps. I see the tip of a Milk Bottle top sticking out of the Muddy Wall. I give it a pull & out comes this fine Gem. Extremely common but glad I got at least one good Bottle on the last day of 2021. LEON.View attachment 233682
Hey, Look forward to the coming year. Maybe the first bottle of the NEW year will be more to your liking. OMD

hemihampton

Reaction score
I got a better older Dump to dig in the New Year, One I never dug before but appears to be from around turn of the Century, 1900. Seen pre pro crown top beers in there but might be old enough for Blobs & Hutch's, I hope? LEON.

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I got a better older Dump to dig in the New Year, One I never dug before but appears to be from around turn of the Century, 1900. Seen pre pro crown top beers in there but might be old enough for Blobs & Hutch's, I hope? LEON.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Jstorm

Reaction score

And you also Leon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu