Dug old Paper Label Bottles Today. Labels still intact.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Dug a bunch of Common Slicks todays. Many with partial Paper Labels still Attached. BUT, Only took 2 home because they had most of the label. LEON.
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

RCO

Reaction score

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I like the label on that Light House bottle, hopefully it can be preserved!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
dug a lot of Heinz ketchups but never one that old with a paper label . do you think the label will actually survive or is it so fragile it will fade away if you try and clean it
I dug one Heinz chow chow pickle with most of the label, but it certainly wasn't as good a condition as the one seen here. As long as you don't let it sit in the sun and carefully dab it not rubbing it when cleaning, you can preserve the label 90% of the time.

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
Heinz , the inventor of , "Quality Control", first company to ever coin the worded term. Now every company has a Q.C lol, and 57 varieties was his wife's & his favorite numbers & he thought the numbers look good together. They had way more than 57 varieties lol

Tony AZ

Reaction score
OMG, With the Huge Interest in Ketchup Bottles people are going to lose there mind over this fine rare Gem. LEON.View attachment 225617View attachment 225618
I dug a bottle with most of the label intact about a year ago. Very carefully wiped it down' then masked off around the label and sprayed a light coat of clear on it, let er dry followed by a couple more coats. then later cleaned the bottle some more,,id show you all a picture, but recently moved and have no idea where it is..

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Dug a bunch of Common Slicks todays. Many with partial Paper Labels still Attached. BUT, Only took 2 home because they had most of the label. LEON.View attachment 225615View attachment 225616

Were they in something, like a can? Or under something -like tin roofing? Nice find. How old? 50 questions, right? But that IS impressive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch