Dug several unusual "Firsts" in 1880-toc privy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
deacon_frost said:
very nice digs once again. this may sound stupid but could the ccb.co possibly be coca cola bottling co?
How obvious, and moronic on my part! Of course! I kept focusing on the smaller "mom & pop" soda makers! Thanks for the most obvious and likely correct solution. Only one I could come up with was a Conager Brothers but couldn't make the extra "C" fit! And the time frame when we had the earliest coca cola company in town bottling their own fits with the age of the bottle and the use layer it came from! Thanks again.....Jack

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Jack I was like you trying to make that CCB Co bottle more difficult than it really was. That one may turn out to be a better find than we realized. Too bad it's not embossed with coca cola in script, but still a good find. You should look into getting that one spit-shined.

deacon_frost

Reaction score
My pleasure Jack sometimes a fresh set of eyes is a help. I always enjoy your posts( although you don't seem to find any Boonville bottles[:)] ) you are really putting in some dig time

Lordbud

Reaction score
Man a whole load of nice keepers you got. The larger size local pharmacies are my favorites. I've been collecting SF pharmacies for years, and the larger 16 oz are rare as hens' teeth. Interesting that you started digging in California. Did you keep your California bottles when you moved to Missouri?

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Boy!! I love that ginger jar, dug quite a few over the years, and it is rare to get the lid with the jar, as for who made it, there were lot of them made in California during the gold rush, there was and still is large Chinatowns in California, one of the makers was in Stockton for awhile, must have dug fifty in and around Stockton over the years. And I haven't seen but maybe two or three that were any nicer than yours!!.....Andy

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Bass Assassin said:
Jack I was like you trying to make that CCB Co bottle more difficult than it really was. That one may turn out to be a better find than we realized. Too bad it's not embossed with coca cola in script, but still a good find. You should look into getting that one spit-shined.

Mark, it is a mystery how they reused these as I read the tops on some or many were made while the glass top was also being made, somehow fusing them together. it is so corroded I fear any attempt to remove it would cause it to crumble. In addition to this, the uptake stem that runs from the top inside to the bottom is a glass tube rather than the metal ones I have seen. There is some water remaining, likely rain water seepage, as well as some normal dirt/crud. Any suggestions on cleaning appreciated. Am wondering if there is any value at all in trying to retain the cap top for the advantage of a good cleaning which it really needs.....Jack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora