Dug Some Colorado Goodies!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CurbdiggerCarl

Reaction score
Howdy all! Finally getting around to posting, been busy, procrastinating, and frankly not finding too much that would be worth posting.
had a two month drought where I hardly dug anything decent, and I dug a Hell of a lot.
Been digging at the site where Seychick managed to dig the Del Norte Hutch, the photo doesn't do it any justice.
Killer rare bottle, at the Leadville bottle show this last Saturday, she and it apparently were the center of attention.
(Of course I had to work, so I couldn't go)
Only 5, 6 known, and most if not all have damage to the lips.
So instead I saved up my aging energy, and went back to the site this Sunday.
Very glad that I did.
Managed two rare Colorado ambers, the first a " Indian Wigwam remedies, Compounded", from Denver, and a Citrate of Magnesia"
"F.M. Streamer, Druggist", Boulder Colo.
The third amber is a nice "Abbott Bros Rheumatic Cure" that a bud I was digging with who had dug two
kindly gave me.
Three sweet ambers!
Turns out that the Citrate is only the second one known, and aside from some very light hazing on the slug plate, is in great condition.
The Wigwam is probably the best conditioned decent bottle I've ever dug.
Not a chip, ping, or stain.
I hold it with absolute care, and paranoia.
Hope you enjoy,
Carl

4E23E70D4B6E457D9454A59D41A35FB4.jpg

Attachments

• 4E23E70D4B6E457D9454A59D41A35FB4.jpg
    4E23E70D4B6E457D9454A59D41A35FB4.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 95

CurbdiggerCarl

Reaction score
Can't seem to figure out how to post more than one photo.
Crap.

Attachments

• 0931D631A7CF448691E9BE15D9E5AF1E.jpg
    0931D631A7CF448691E9BE15D9E5AF1E.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 102

seychik

Reaction score
Beautiful Carl. That took a lot of digging, but well worth it! Cindy

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
GRRREAT FINDS! I looked up the Wigwam in Matt's book and he lists it at $600-650, and he tends to lean on the conservative side, imo....I wouldn't be surprised if it were closer to a grand bottle, but like you I prefer the classic meds. The $ bottle though is likely the citrate. I sold all my California local bottles recently, thinking they should reside in more appropriate collections closer to their origin, or so I thought. The best was a local cobalt citrate, one of 6 known and realized $1500 and change. The bigger surprise was it sold to a collector in Nevada! Go figure. Point is, local bottles are attaining a wider radius of interest, increasing their value, coupled with the "interweb." Wouldn't be surprised if yours would bring that or more, = a decent days payoff. Congrats! Jack

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi