Dump Dilemma

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: logueb

C24E1155D09545CDB4849EA377153B73.jpg

I think that may be BIG FOOT!! [:D]

Brains

Reaction score
YES... the classic Sasquatch photo, if only you knew what a big bigFoot fan i am.
I'm also a fan of scrap metal, but i can't say i'd go out digging a dump for scrap... never the less, i feel like if i was out there diggin and some shifty lookin scrappers came up to me i'd be glad to have someone to talk to, i say you need to combine forces and become one powerful digging entity.... much more efficient that way

madman

Reaction score
HMM YOU MIGHT HAVE SOMTHING THERE! MAKE THOSE YOUNGINS DIG THE BOTTLES AND REAP THE REWARDS!

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: madman

HEY BUSTER,  SAME THING HAPPENED TO A BUDDY OF MINES DUMP IN VA, AFTER THEY GOT MOST THE SCRAP THEY DISAPPEARED, CANT BELIEVE THERE DIGGING FOR RUSTY METAL, TIMES ARE TOUGH FOR SOME PEOPLE BUT THATS HARDCORE,  IM SURE THEYLL LOSE INTEREST AFTER THEY FIND OUT THERE NOT GETTING MUCH FOR THE SCRAP
Hahaha Madman they are probly saying the samething about us Bottle Diggers... Who would want glass bottles there worthless....lol

808 50th State

Reaction score
Buster,
I would keep on digging and mind my own business, you'd be the loser if you stop digging there, maybe if you dig with someone you feel more comfortable...aloha Earl

madman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: creeper71

ORIGINAL: madman

HEY BUSTER, SAME THING HAPPENED TO A BUDDY OF MINES DUMP IN VA, AFTER THEY GOT MOST THE SCRAP THEY DISAPPEARED, CANT BELIEVE THERE DIGGING FOR RUSTY METAL, TIMES ARE TOUGH FOR SOME PEOPLE BUT THATS HARDCORE, IM SURE THEYLL LOSE INTEREST AFTER THEY FIND OUT THERE NOT GETTING MUCH FOR THE SCRAP
Hahaha Madman they are probly saying the samething about us Bottle Diggers... Who would want glass bottles there worthless....lol
YEAH YOUR RIGHT, WHAT FOOL WOULD DIG THRU A 3 FOOT CLAY CAP FOR EARLY 40S BOTTLES YES IM GUILTY...........

diginit

Reaction score
Why don't you make a deal with them. They keep the metal and you keep the bottles. Just tell ask to dig carefully and to let you know whenever they find glass. You will do the same if you find metal. Just don't tell them that some bottles are worth more than steel!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Where I live and dig this is very common. We do a lot of digging in Bad neighborhoods and in high profile downtown locations. I'd say that almost EVERY dig I've been on has had an unexpected visitor show up at some point during the dig. Sometimes it's homeless street people looking for a handout. Other times it's restless kids looking to get into something. Many times it's other bottle diggers looking to get in on the action. After a while you get used to it and almost Expect it. Sometimes the best part of the dig is the people you meet and connections you make!
One rule I learned Early on is to try and Never dig alone. If I can't find a digging partner at the time, I recruit a non digger to sit up top and watch my back. A K-9 will also serve the same purpose... it's hard for people to sneak up on you when a dog is around. Either way, I'm always prepared to deal with any situation and know what I'm getting myself into. I leave all valuables locked up in my truck, keep all my tools at arms reach and my .357 magnum loaded and ready to ROCK!!! If you appear to be a victim, you WILL become one. If you carry yourself well and don't look out of place, most people will not mess with you. Of course, an iron digger over one shoulder and a probe rod in your hand tends to intimidate even the baddest of the Bad! The local gang bangers, prostitutes and street people have lovingly nick named me the Gravedigger... "Don't mess with him or he'll bury your ass in a DEEP hole!" LMAO!!!
The main thing is to keep it safe and Have Fun! Nothing worse than having to look over your shoulder while your digging!!!

diginit

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lexdigger

Where I live and dig this is very common. We do a lot of digging in Bad neighborhoods and in high profile downtown locations. I'd say that almost EVERY dig I've been on has had an unexpected visitor show up at some point during the dig. Sometimes it's homeless street people looking for a handout. Other times it's restless kids looking to get into something. Many times it's other bottle diggers looking to get in on the action. After a while you get used to it and almost Expect it. Sometimes the best part of the dig is the people you meet and connections you make!
One rule I learned Early on is to try and Never dig alone. If I can't find a digging partner at the time, I recruit a non digger to sit up top and watch my back. A K-9 will also serve the same purpose... it's hard for people to sneak up on you when a dog is around. Either way, I'm always prepared to deal with any situation and know what I'm getting myself into. I leave all valuables locked up in my truck, keep all my tools at arms reach and my .357 magnum loaded and ready to ROCK!!! If you appear to be a victim, you WILL become one. If you carry yourself well and don't look out of place, most people will not mess with you. Of course, an iron digger over one shoulder and a probe rod in your hand tends to intimidate even the baddest of the Bad! The local gang bangers, prostitutes and street people have lovingly nick named me the Gravedigger... "Don't mess with him or he'll bury your ass in a DEEP hole!" LMAO!!!
The main thing is to keep it safe and Have Fun! Nothing worse than having to look over your shoulder while your digging!!!

I open carry a 1911 where legal myself. No telling what kind of idiot you may encounter in the woods or desert. Damned shame. If I am panning, The 1911 is accompanied by either an AR-15 W/30 round mags or an AK-47 with a 75 Rnd drum.
Hope I never have to use either....

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown