Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Dump Truck Finds

saratogadriver

Sep 10, 2009
In the box you have a sort of umbrella shaped bottle that is probably an older, says 1860s-1870s, umbrella ink. If it has a broken ring of glass on the bottom, called an open pontil, it's more like 1850s to 1860s.

Generally speaking the locally embossed medicine bottles have their best value to collectors of that locality. Overall some nice older stuff.

Jim G

mayor

Jun 3, 2019
You got from one spot what I would gather only after months of searching through broken glass trash piles. Beautiful!

Huntindog

Aug 14, 2012
Great finds...
If you can still dig through the piles, go back with a potato rake and scratch the piles down.
You may never get another chance to have a hunt like this again...

Your C&K Eagle was made between 1858-1866 and the C&K stands for Casey & Kelly.
Your Owen Casey was made between 1867-1871
Both run in the $200-$250 range depending on condition and color.

Your Hutchinson Hugh Casey was made between 1887-1905

southfork

Feb 14, 2020
In the box you have a sort of umbrella shaped bottle that is probably an older, says 1860s-1870s, umbrella ink. If it has a broken ring of glass on the bottom, called an open pontil, it's more like 1850s to 1860s.

Generally speaking the locally embossed medicine bottles have their best value to collectors of that locality. Overall some nice older stuff.

Jim G
Here's the Ink
I Looked for it on my Buddy Ron's Hutchbook.com Website & did not see the Hugh, Did see a Owen. You should send my Buddy Ron that runs that website a Pic of that Bottle so he could add it to his website. Link below. LEON.

I sent him some photos yesterday thanks for the link .

Attachments

stc1993

Feb 18, 2018
Albany, GA
I found an old glass insulator yesterday. It had Brooksfield, New York on it. I think it was.

That's a great find all the older bottles. Congratulations.

I would still be out there in the borrow pit.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Headhuntercw24