Dump Truck Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

143Tallboy

Reaction score
IT'S BROKEN BUT WILL LOOK GOOD IN THE WINDOW . CAL . ELEC . WORKS

That's a tough insulator. The damage is going to hurt the value quite a bit but in mint shape that's a 600 - 800 dollar find. It looks to be speciment condition at best - probably worth $50 to $75 tops but a nice early insulator (1870's) made in California. Congrats on all the finds. The bottles are amazing.

yacorie

Reaction score
Great finds. I probably would have taken a day or two off from work to comb that site.

southfork

Reaction score
That's a tough insulator. The damage is going to hurt the value quite a bit but in mint shape that's a 600 - 800 dollar find. It looks to be speciment condition at best - probably worth $50 to $75 tops but a nice early insulator (1870's) made in California. Congrats on all the finds. The bottles are amazing.
Thanks I was thinking 25 cents at a yard sale .

jarhead67

Reaction score
I used to collect the color run on those Owen Casey sodas. They are quite collectible as there are a wide range of shades from deep blue through green, but some cornflower or light aqua ones being the harder to find. Mostly 1860's with some variants. Very early California soda. Most buyers might want to see them in their line-up before committing, but you should have no problem selling them if you put them side by side in a photo to compare. Or, you could start your own run from what you already have. Very nice finds.

Last edited:

southfork

Reaction score
I'm not sure if any are for sale their still in boxes on the kitchen table .

yacorie

Reaction score
I'm not sure if any are for sale their still in boxes on the kitchen table .

well if you decide to sell some of them - there are enough of here that would be interested.

Lordbud

Reaction score
I would put the Cal. Elec. Works insulator on ebay. You might be surprised at the winning bid. The older SF insulators are doing quite well - fantastically well - these days.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi