DumpHuntin'

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

moodorf

Reaction score
Today I was scouting out a new area looking for dumps. A lot of it I worked out on google maps today; I sort of picked a public spot adjacent to both a cemetery and creek/ravine. I drove out there and got out of my car searching around. I started thinking:

Man what was I thinking. I really thought I was going to find a dump out here just based on a hunch and google maps? The dump could be long gone even if it WAS here. I could be standing on an old dump and not even know...
20230422_151710.jpg

...it. On second thought...

20230422_152303 (1).jpg

Most of it was broken and not particularly old, but there were some Strong Shoulder Jars that were intact. I passed on those as they weren't that old and what I really wanted was a milk bottle as there were plenty I could see broken, and I managed to find just one intact one.
20230422_151845.jpg

20230422_164715.jpg

Last edited:

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score
Today I was scouting out a new area looking for dumps. A lot of it I worked out on google maps today; I sort of picked a public spot adjacent to both a cemetery and creek/ravine. I drove out there and got out of my car searching around. I started thinking:

Man what was I thinking. I really thought I was going to find a dump out here just based on a hunch and google maps? The dump could be long gone even if it WAS here. I could be standing on an old dump and not even know...
View attachment 245844
...it. On second thought...

View attachment 245845
Most of it was broken and not particularly old, but there were some Strong Shoulder Jars that were intact. I passed on those as they weren't that old and what I really wanted was a milk bottle as there were plenty I could see broken, and I managed to find just one intact one.
View attachment 245846
View attachment 245847
Wow! Is that an insulator in the second pic? It's something deep aqua to the right of the center.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Patience. Worth is what interests you--and of course a possible resale value while saving history.;)
Watch your step in there. Make sure that tube of super glue in your med kit is still good. --You'll spend a good chunk of the Summer in there. Congrats.

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Awesome! I've struck out on two of my potential dump areas so far this spring, hoping to find a good one soon. Always nice when your research pays off!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94