Dumps Don't Disappoint

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slugplate

Reaction score
Sometimes I come up with a head scratcher. I uncovered this about 4" below the surface with quite a few slick meds from the 30s. Thus why I don't assume it's just 30s stuff and quit. This mint condition India Cholagogue was among them. I found it about 2 months ago probing an old farm dump. There were also about a dozen modern champagne bottles in a pile, all tolled, these would add up to about $10. Obviously someone took the liberty to dump them there. So, don't be discouraged by what you see, sometimes goodies are right below your feet.

Attachments

• IMG_1380.JPG
    IMG_1380.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1383.JPG
    IMG_1383.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1384.JPG
    IMG_1384.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 217

ncdellwood

Reaction score
When you guys say "dump" my mind sees small, starving children, sifting through piles of trash, hoping to find dinner. So my question is, what do you mean when you use the term dump or dump digging? Sorry if this is completely stupid, I'm new and I'm not afraid to show it.

slugplate

Reaction score
When you guys say "dump" my mind sees small, starving children, sifting through piles of trash, hoping to find dinner. So my question is, what do you mean when you use the term dump or dump digging? Sorry if this is completely stupid, I'm new and I'm not afraid to show it.
First off, dump is a nebulous term for where refuse was unloaded. In this regard, since we're diggers of bottles, cans and other artifacts we use the term bottle dump, trash dump or simply dump to define it. Things like bottles, cans, metal, car parts (even whole cars), iron, stoneware, old household appliances, toys, etc. are usually found in them. Most importantly, the term trash is not used in the same way we use the term garbage. I think we can all agree that a trash dump is quite different than a garbage dump. So when you see the term "dump" here, we are referring to trash dumps where old bottles, etc. can be found.

ncdellwood

Reaction score
First off, dump is a nebulous term for where refuse was unloaded. In this regard, since we're diggers of bottles, cans and other artifacts we use the term bottle dump, trash dump or simply dump to define it. Things like bottles, cans, metal, car parts (even whole cars), iron, stoneware, old household appliances, toys, etc. are usually found in them. Most importantly, the term trash is not used in the same way we use the term garbage. I think we can all agree that a trash dump is quite different than a garbage dump. So when you see the term "dump" here, we are referring to trash dumps where old bottles, etc. can be found.

Thank you for the information! My apologies if I offended, it was not my intention.

Screwtop

Reaction score

You should head on over to YouTube, and search Adventure Archaeology. They dig awesome dumps in the winter time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora