Early Orange Crush Bottle (pat. 7/20 1920)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UnderMiner

Reaction score
20200608_153608.jpg

This is the first and only intact first generation (I believe it to be first gen) Orange Crush bottle I found. I excavated it from a 1924-capped landfill. It was surounded by several of its less fortunate broken brothers.

I painted one side and filled it with orange water to simulate how it would have looked when it was new.

mrosman

Reaction score
Hi UnderMiner... you are correct. Your bottle is the classic, clear, 'krinkly' 6oz. bottle from the period 1920-1924.... indicated by the large letter O and letter H. After 1920, in the period around 1924, until the amber bottle appeared about 1940, the 'second' generation came with changes in the embossing.... the E become smaller, followed by a hyphen. The H became smaller and was followed by CO. Both bottles retained the same height and diameter.... this is outlined in my book....Nice find and would be glad to see any other O.C. you come across... Michael

Attachments

• Cover-3rd..png
    Cover-3rd..png
    416.6 KB · Views: 109

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes, it has the same embossing on the reverse. This is the reverse that I left non-painted so I could also display it as it would have appeared in original condition:
Ok so that is actually a second generation. The first generation has no date and is one sided.

Davidservice

Reaction score
Hi UnderMiner... you are correct. Your bottle is the classic, clear, 'krinkly' 6oz. bottle from the period 1920-1924.... indicated by the large letter O and letter H. After 1920, in the period around 1924, until the amber bottle appeared about 1940, the 'second' generation came with changes in the embossing.... the E become smaller, followed by a hyphen. The H became smaller and was followed by CO. Both bottles retained the same height and diameter.... this is outlined in my book....Nice find and would be glad to see any other O.C. you come across... Michael
Great find.

UnderMiner

Reaction score
I found a two sided OC 1920 bottle in Charleston with that city's name on the bottom it is in good condition. In fact July 20 is my dad's birthday.
Interesting! It's been over a year and I still haven't found any more OC bottles.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94