Earthquake, yikes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

I'm not used to these, Rocky. With the one last year, a strange deer let me walk almost right up to it in my yard. Then, my cat was going nuts, meowing and making noises. This year's was worse, and longer but the cats slept right through it. I still feel dizzy, like I just got off a ride. It's scary, because you can't get off the Earth. I heard aftershocks can be worse. Is that true?

All bottles seem intact and unmoved. I'm sure Inspektor vill zee if zis iz zee cas, ven he gets home.[:D]

Too funny Red.
Usually aftershocks are weaker but the direction of movement changes and that can be more trouble.
Back in 1979 we had a 7.2 that rocked us for over a minute. It didn't do much damage but the after shock was a 6.4 and it opened all our kitchen cabinet doors and dishing went flying. What a mess.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
No sign of it in the house where I was painting, but my wife called from where she works and said it took down several ceiling tiles.. I came home early to check my collection (any excuse to leave work early will do), and only one bottle had fallen over, [:eek:] the scroll flask I just got from Jamie.. no damage tho, thank you Lord!!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I'm in DC on vacation this week... What are the chances? [:D] I was on the Metro when it happened, and I just thought it was a shaky stretch of track, like on the New York subway. I didn't even realize there was an earthquake until an hour later.

I am scared for my collection, though. A lot of my bottles are right near the edge of their display areas, with nothing holding them on. The Holy Grail in particular, I fear, might have fallen... [:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:]

I hope not... I'll be able to check in a week or so... [X(]

CWBookAuthor

Reaction score
Earthquake in Virginia...

We are located in Madison Heights, Va., right above Lynchburg. I have studied Geology and was sure it was an earthquake. They are different than out West, with much different geology than out there. With a magnitude of 5.9, it was felt as far North as New York city. My brother in North Carolina called to see if we were okay. It was very strong here and scared the daylights out of our cats! As far as I know, there is no local damaged from the earthquake. The news people keep breaking in on the channels to report the quake. Our bottles got a little shaken up, but they're okay. Good luck to everyone.

Mike

dollarbill

Reaction score
RE: Earthquake in Virginia...

My old house shook for about 10 seconds or so.Nothing voilent just a swaying for 10 seconds or so.I hope every one is alright .
bill

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Earth Quake?? what earthquake,I was cutting grass at work didn't feel a thing. It's not the end of the world,carry on people.
Hey did you hear a huge Hurricane is coming? 135 mile an hour winds category 5,carry on. lets go dig some bottles!!! it will open holes up for us!!! yeah!!!!!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

I'm in DC on vacation this week... What are the chances? [:D] I was on the Metro when it happened, and I just thought it was a shaky stretch of track, like on the New York subway. I didn't even realize there was an earthquake until an hour later.

I am scared for my collection, though. A lot of my bottles are right near the edge of their display areas, with nothing holding them on. The Holy Grail in particular, I fear, might have fallen... [:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:]

I hope not... I'll be able to check in a week or so... [X(]

My digging buddy Paul went to Richmond Virginia for vacation,how is that for some messed up timing.He just got there today.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu