Earthquake, yikes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
wow a freakin eathquake just hit my house. Not a good feeling in a 200 year old stone structure :(
like a 5.8 near Richmond, anyone else feel it?
The wife called and was worried the dog didnt get out of the house, thanks...

div2roty

Reaction score
I was in my apartment building in DC, 17 stories built into the side of a hill. Very scary. The girlfriend and I grabbed a few of my figural bitters from next to 6 foot by 15 foot window. Friends felt it in NY city.

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

The wife called and was worried the dog didnt get out of the house, thanks...

LOL! Yes, everything here was shaking, like 10 washing machines on the spin cycle. It was a little scary! I felt the floor swaying under my feet. My bed felt like one of the ones you stick a quarter in. [:D]

Dugout

Reaction score
My sister from Maryland is here for the week and thanks to the forum she in now calling people back there to check it all out.

DIGS CHESCO

Reaction score
I was in my car near West Chester PA, I didn't feel it.... Once I heard what happened, I drove home like a mad man to check on my collection, one strap sided flask tipped over without breaking. Now I better check on my wife and sons.

rockbot

Reaction score
Oh the joy..[:D]

We get them almost daily. Anything over 4.8 will get your attention.

RedGinger

Reaction score
I'm not used to these, Rocky. With the one last year, a strange deer let me walk almost right up to it in my yard. Then, my cat was going nuts, meowing and making noises. This year's was worse, and longer but the cats slept right through it. I still feel dizzy, like I just got off a ride. It's scary, because you can't get off the Earth. I heard aftershocks can be worse. Is that true?

All bottles seem intact and unmoved. I'm sure Inspektor vill zee if zis iz zee cas, ven he gets home.[:D]

div2roty

Reaction score
Apparently now they are calling it a 5.9. The problem is we don't get them that often, so we aren't prepared. Its like Buffalo getting 6 inches of snow and acting like nothing happened, but when southern areas get 6 inches of snow everything shuts down.

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: div2roty

Apparently now they are calling it a 5.9. The problem is we don't get them that often, so we aren't prepared. Its like Buffalo getting 6 inches of snow and acting like nothing happened, but when southern areas get 6 inches of snow everything shuts down.

Believe it or not, a lot of things are closed in the Buffalo area when there's a lot of snow. I'd rather have another small earthquake than ever see snow again. I'd sacrifice a bottle for that!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp