Earthquake, yikes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Well, the good news is, none of my bottles broke, according to my neighbor.

The bad news is, the traffic lights aren't working as of now, the the highways are almost completely stopped. Today's plans are screwed up, and if the museums close tomorrow, so are tomorrow's... [:(]

phil44

Reaction score
I came home and initially didn't see muchof an affect but after looking closer I did have a few casualties. Down in the basement there were a 3 fallen beers 2 broken, on the carpeted floor. I have some of my stuff in barrister cabinets and much more than I would have liked was laying on it's side. UGH

waskey

Reaction score
Was doing some work in my school just down the road in Mt. Airy, Maryland. Shook around some book cases, not sure if any of the books fell though, but it was a very strange experience.

Jim

Reaction score
I was in my office at work, doing some paperwork. At first, I thought my chair was getting ready to fall apart and dump me onto the concrete floor, then I felt another shake a second or two later. It didn't take me long to figure out what it was. It was pretty weak here, but I definitely felt it and it was weird. No bottle casualties, a few of my smaller ones shifted around a little but nothing fell over. ~Jim

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

I'm in DC on vacation this week... What are the chances? [:D] I was on the Metro when it happened, and I just thought it was a shaky stretch of track, like on the New York subway. I didn't even realize there was an earthquake until an hour later.

I am scared for my collection, though. A lot of my bottles are right near the edge of their display areas, with nothing holding them on. The Holy Grail in particular, I fear, might have fallen... [:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:][:eek:]

I hope not... I'll be able to check in a week or so... [X(]
well,needless to say,we didnt feel it here,i dont know if theres ever been an earthquake here[8|].............................nobody ever talk about how much i use smileys again/[sm=lol.gif]

Stardust

Reaction score
Matt, sorry about your house. Glad your dog is safe. Wow, damage is really scattered, I see why on the news tonight.

I'm always dizzy and falling, so when this loud crash sounded off, my dog looked at me I knew something was wrong. We have trains buckle all he time, so you don't even notice them unless someone visits you for the first time. I turned on the TV and the message was on the bottom of the TV and in Boston was evacuating buildings...

I'm worried about the after shocks...I'm not getting good feelings. They are comparing it to how China just had a similar one before they got the big one. I pray all of this crazy stuff stops and hopes others will pray also. Be safe my friends...our bottles are nothing in the end. Our loving family, friends, pets, and if you can save any photos are what are important in the end. Darn, I hate to add this, but if anyone has any major medical conditions and if this is the wake up call or even with the hurricanes pack your medical supplies and keep them with you. In the past I'd wear a back pack with id med info everything. Then have the dog tied on to me in the basement with enough food and water to last a while. Don't forget your flashlights...[8|]

baltbottles

Reaction score
Yeah i was sound asleep and I was awoke but a rumbling noise and then I felt the shaking I didn't know what was going on so I ran in my bottle room and everything was shaking. That's when I realized what was happening. It was kind of exciting actually having never experienced one before.

After it was over i checked on my bottles and many of them had moved around on their shelves but nothing was damaged. I spent a few minutes getting everything rearranged back where it should be.

That was probably the worst of things but I'm still thinking about boxing everything up for a few days just to be safe.

Chris

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[:mad:] Out here in Cali, we use stickum to keep the bottles on the shelves, If ya guys get many more of those quakes ya hafta move out here, weather is better and no damn humidity...Andy

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
Hope your bottles are good wheelah. It's was felt in jersey here and there. My father and I were working on an old house in Haledon. We where taking a break in the van when it started rocking side to side. I don't believe in all that ghost bs, but i thought the place was haunted. From what I understand, ghosts hate their houses being renovated for some reason. I refused to go back inside, until I checked Facebook and heard what happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu