Ebay Auction advice

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

delphinis

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I was just wondering if I could get some opinions on an ebay auction. It's for a bitters bottle from Salem, Mass which is where I live. Is it rare like the ad states? And I was wondering if anyone has an approximate value. A bottles value doesn't mean too much to me for the most part. I like to collect bottles because I enjoy the them for what they are and the history of them. The only exception is when buying since I don't have a ton of money to spend on them and I would like not to overpay for a bottle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/rare-Salem-Mass-bitters-OLD-DR-GOODHUES-ROOT-HERB-BITTERS-/261159911897?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cce5801d9

Thanks,
Anthony

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well hello, I went to your page and reviewed your past collected bottles and it looks like you are doing a good job. This bottle is a neat sunken panel med bottle, I didn't see the bottom, but the glass is obviously early quality production. Value to me is how much you want it. Red Matthews

nhpharm

Reaction score
It's not one I have seen before...I think it is definitely hard to find. I can vouch for the seller-I've bought many things from Wendy over the years...she comes across some fantastic bottles.

delphinis

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The auction still has a couple of more days to go. during that time I'll think about how much I'd be willing to part with for this bottle. Hopefully the bidding won't go up too much more. But I got a feeling some bidders are waiting for the final minutes to place a bid.

Anthony

theroadwarrior10

Reaction score
Yeah that is a nice one. The name is usually what really drives a good part of the price. I personally would go $35 if I collected that type.

botlguy

Reaction score
Anthony. Ring & Ham list your bottle as G-69 and as RARE. Their supplement gives an estimated value (subjective) as $100+. In todays market who knows but that should give you an idea as to where that bottle fits into the scheme of things.

As for last minute / second bids, you can count on it. Nobody wants to pay more than they have to.

MrSchulz

IowaBottles
Reaction score
A buddy of mine buys a lot of bottles from this seller, never had an issue he says.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
That price range is about right for that bottle. And I have bought several bottles from this seller and have had no problems with them.........

delphinis

Reaction score
It's up to $66 now. That puts it out of my price range. Still 1 day and 7 hours left to go. Can't wait to see what the winning bid will be.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum