ebay auctions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Has anybody sold a bottle on ebay and had it returned to them ?
What do you do when it is as described .... but the buyer has buyers remorse from a bidding war ?
Just curious ?

towhead

Reaction score
Don't know what you originally put in your description....

Maybe you have to get really finicky....ie....NO RETURNS, unless item is described inaccurately, Thank you!

I often put: Bid with confidence, if item is described inaccurately, it may be returned.

I've been fortunate, only had one bottle returned. The lady said it was not the perfume that should be in the bottle, she said it was dish soap. Well, OK with that, I wouldn't have known the diff.

I guess I would take the bottle back (they pay shipping) rather than risk neg feedback, and 2nd chance the next bidder.

Wish you the best outcome!

-Julie

GuntherHess

Reaction score
As far as I can remember I have never had a bottle returned so far out of several hundred bottles sold.
I always guarantee all the bottles I sell unconditionally.
People can return them up to 7 days for any reason at all.
If you are selling for the long run it makes the best business sense.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
It was returned ........no problem with that ! Even though the description was dead on .
I was just curious what other sellers would do. I see more and more ebay auctions listing in their description NO RETURNS .
I was wondering if the NO RETURNS trend was because of bidders doing this type of bidding and returning more and more.
I have heard of several buyers winning an auction , and when they receive the bottle they say it is not as described and want the seller to take some off the selling price . I personally would not come down on the selling price ...... but just tell them to send it back for a refund , and block them from bidding in my future auctions.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I wont negotiate price on an item that was bought and shipped. Buyer can keep it or return it, those are the choices.
Adjusting prices after an item is bought opens up a whole can of worms in my opinion.
I have had a few people try that on non-bottle items.

As for NO RETURNS auctions. I avoid them if possible.

I sold a confederate button to one guy. He said he didnt think it was original (it was) and wanted to return it. He sent it back after he cleaned it with a wire brush ruining it. Glad I got out of relic collecting, there are a few real losers in that hobby.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
It is best just to do exactly what you did, be nice about it, refund their money, and then block them. Any attempt to not accept it will result in negatives and low numbers which hurt your discounts. There is always going to be people like that, just block them and walk away. You can state "no refund", but if they want to return it and file a claim, ebay will back them every time and force you to accept a return. Like Matt said, stating no returns will only hurt your auctions. It is only a few that are like this, most people I have dealt with on ebay are great. Good Luck
Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp