eBay disaster!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I use that Message to Seller every time. Seems they only read it or listen to it maybe 50/50. LEON.

epackage

Reaction score
i saw a Jersey City bottle on eBay that i had never seen before or heard of or could find thru google. An attic find, it was in beautiful condition with the Hutter porcelain stopper and everything. I watched the auction several times a day and was eventually the winner. The bottle arrived promptly ... IN TEN PIECES. It was clear that it had not been packed (and positioned in the box) properly. The seller immediately said it would send a refund which is fine but this bottle was beautiful and now, not only is it not mine but it's gone forever. I already had it in my mind as my favorite Jersey City bottle just based on the photos. You folks know what i mean when i say that i feel like someone just took a hammer to the statue of David. just such a shame
Was it the Willms bottle? The seller is one of the best known diggers and sellers of bottles on the whole Eastern seaboard if it was the Willms, he has been since the late 1960's. I'm sure he's sorry it's broke, I know you would love to have it instead of a refund, good luck in the future finding another...
# 1 medicare1111111111111111.jpg

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
If it was a well known Digger/Seller of Bottles wouldn't he know how to pack Properly? Maybe they just don't care as I had a well know Bottle Collector send me 2 Bottles together, extremley extremely very poorly Packaged which don't make sense? LEON.

Jstorm

Reaction score
If it was a well known Digger/Seller of Bottles wouldn't he know how to pack Properly? Maybe they just don't care as I had a well know Bottle Collector send me 2 Bottles together, extremley extremely very poorly Packaged which don't make sense? LEON.
Not at all.

epackage

Reaction score
He has almost 10,000 positive eBay feedbacks, he's the best of the best when it comes to bottles, I have tons of bottles from him. I didn't see the box, but everything he's sold me since 2009 has arrived safe and sound. He has been selling bottles since 1968, so yeah he's a great seller and packer. As for your seller I don't know, but I know this seller...

butchndad

Reaction score
Was it the Willms bottle? The seller is one of the best known diggers and sellers of bottles on the whole Eastern seaboard if it was the Willms, he has been since the late 1960's. I'm sure he's sorry it's broke, I know you would love to have it instead of a refund, good luck in the future finding another...View attachment 233740
You are correct and they were very nice and refunded the money very quickly. Ironically after not seeing this bottle before, there is another now on ebay but at a price higher than i want to pay

epackage

Reaction score
You are correct and they were very nice and refunded the money very quickly. Ironically after not seeing this bottle before, there is another now on ebay but at a price higher than i want to pay
Most of these show up with the stopper, I have seen 6 or 7 in my life and they all had stoppers. I imagine someone found a crate of them in JC and sold them off, if you keep searching you'll get one at a price you like... good luck

nhpharm

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I was at a bottle show and a fellow there had an entire crate of hutch sodas under his table-"as found". I bought the entire crate...they were found in upstate New York but were all from one vendor in New Hampshire. I still have the crate and all the bottles tucked away, but they were one of the rarer hutch sodas from New Hampshire...which by virtue of that one crate are actually a lot less rare than most people think.

hemihampton

Reaction score
He has almost 10,000 positive eBay feedbacks, he's the best of the best when it comes to bottles, I have tons of bottles from him. I didn't see the box, but everything he's sold me since 2009 has arrived safe and sound. He has been selling bottles since 1968, so yeah he's a great seller and packer. As for your seller I don't know, but I know this seller...

I was just going by what original poster said, Original poster said it was clearly not packaged properly which seems odd for experianced Bottle Guy. Seller quickly points out in his description he'll quickly refund for any Damage. Why would you say something like that unless you've had damage problems in the past? I don't say that in my Auctions but I always pack like Overkill so never had a problem with stuff I've sent. BUT, Have had many problems with other sellers. LEON.

P.S. Maybe he has 100% postive because ebay will not let a buyer give negative for a broken bottle, I know, I've gotten many broken Bottles I couldn't leave negative for so nobody gets warned.

Oldsdigger

Reaction score
I fell your pain !
I had the same thing happen to me with a Dr. Baker Pharmaceutical bottle from Philly. Real half assed packing job with little protective material in a way to small box ! Luckily I had Ebay on my side and did receive a full refund.

Attachments

• 0626191036.jpg
    0626191036.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 0626191036a.jpg
    0626191036a.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 0626191037.jpg
    0626191037.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 83

Latest posts

Members online