Ebay Seller scam?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score

GatesMillsGirl

Reaction score
I stopped looking at E-Bay years ago because of the scammers and bad descriptions. More fun at Bottle Shows anyway, and you can see what you are buying. Do you follow any of the on-line bottle auctions?

GatesMillsGirl

Reaction score
I still look on Ebay, and I've had luck there. Haven't tried any online bottle shows. Is the photography suitable?

butchndad

Reaction score
i watch ebay daily and buy a fair number of bottles (and other stuff i collect) there.
if i see a bottle i want and there have been no bids, i usually put in a bid for the starting price and then watch from there
if there is already a bid, i usually wait til the end to put in my max - win some, lose some (like my cousin Vinnie)
sometime if i already have the bottle, i'll bid just to raise the price - and sometimes that back fires and i get stuck buying a bottle i didn't really want

i haven't received any bottles which i felt were falsely described
i have received a couple that were broken and got a refund promptly and without a hassle

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I still look on Ebay, and I've had luck there. Haven't tried any online bottle shows. Is the photography suitable?
Good question. I find the items hard to see clearly, the descriptions are often wrong and lag unbearable. Still it doesn't stop me. You have to know you stuff is what it boils down to. Watch out for snipers!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
How does one become a "private bidder?"
On ebay when you go into your profile and edit, you have the option to change your name to anonymous bidder. Having one heck of a morning so if you go onto YouTube you can find a detailed video on the process through a search.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Brutalfly

Reaction score
You know I have had this exact thing happen to me a few times. It frustrates me. I now refuse to buy from those sellers.

GatesMillsGirl

Reaction score
I have not followed any online auctions. We have so many "treasures" already, I'm trying to be judicious about my purchases . . .

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis