Elephant Logo on Glass Seal

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kirstiscott

Reaction score
Someone found this debossed glass elephant on the beach in Maine and was wondering where it might have come from. Can anyone help me identify its source? I know it's just a piece but hopefully it's unique enough to identify!

Attachments

• IMG_8973.jpg
    IMG_8973.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_8984 (1).jpg
    IMG_8984 (1).jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 86

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow that's a great piece of beach glass! I'm thinking it's from a glass seal by the looks of it. I can't find an exact match but there are a couple of possibilities. Melcher's Gin used an elephant as a logo, although I can't find any examples of their bottles with seals.
1666631673465.png

The other is Carl Mampe, who did use an elephant seal although the Mampe elephant seems to almost always be left-facing.
1666632039538.png

kirstiscott

Reaction score
Wow that's a great piece of beach glass! I'm thinking it's from a glass seal by the looks of it. I can't find an exact match but there are a couple of possibilities. Melcher's Gin used an elephant as a logo, although I can't find any examples of their bottles with seals.
View attachment 241050

The other is Carl Mampe, who did use an elephant seal although the Mampe elephant seems to almost always be left-facing.
View attachment 241051
I kept finding the same thing that the logo was facing the wrong way for Mampe! I will see if I can find an embossed or debossed version of Melchers. In the end, it may just be something decorative, but I really appreciate the help!

Reactions: Roy

willong

Reaction score
Someone found this debossed glass elephant on the beach in Maine and was wondering where it might have come from. Can anyone help me identify its source? I know it's just a piece but hopefully it's unique enough to identify!
That's a great piece! I don't wear jewellery, though if I did I'd want to turn such a relic into something like a bolo tie clasp.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown