Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Embossed Berkeley Club Soda

Screwtop

Sep 1, 2018
Carter County Kentucky
This was found in my backyard, where I used to live in Berkeley Springs. I don't know much about it, in terms of company history.

DSC_1076.jpgDSC_1077.jpgDSC_1078.jpg

There is a 3 to the left of the logo, a 1 to the right of the logo, and a 1 below the logo.

JKL

Mar 20, 2018
Kitchener Ontario
I see that mark on bottom of bottles from time to time in Canada. What company is this?
I would like to know about those numbers too.

Raypadua

May 6, 2018
Winnipeg
The Mark is from the Owens-Illinois Glass Company

a “Diamond and O (oval) entwined, with an I in center” and dates from circa 1929 into the mid and late 1950s. (Latest confirmed date code with this older trademark known on a bottle is 1966).

Typically, the number on the LEFT of the diamond logo is the plant code number, the number on the RIGHT is a year date code, and the number below the logo (if present) indicates the mold number (mold identifying number, “mold cavity number” or serial number).

Examples: plant code #2 stood for the Huntington, WV plant; “3″ was the Fairmont, WV plant(number used up to 1981, later “3” was used by Muskogee, OK); “4” was Clarksburg, WV; “7″ indicated Alton, IL; “9″, the Streator, IL factory; “12″ was Gas City, IN; “14″ was the Bridgeton, NJ plant, #21 is Portland, OR; #22 is Tracy, CA; #20 is Oakland, CA; #23 is Los Angeles, CA, etc.

This info is from the Glass Bottlemarks Website: https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/owens-illinois-glass-company-bottle-container-marks/

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
neat bottle , most of those smaller bottlers its pretty hard to find much on the company by now , sometimes there might be local history books which mention such bottlers but often pretty hard to research

I don't see the owens Illinois glass mark much here and when I do its always on American bottles

sunrunner

Aug 10, 2007
patent for this style looks like it go's back be for 1931. small bottlers kipped there stuff going until they were bought out.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puppehbreath