Embossed Cottage Cheese

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Yooper14

Reaction score
Hello all...found another new honey hole in my virgin dump. Dump dates from 1890s - 1930s. Found a cottage cheese bottle today mixed in with some other dairy bottles...never found one before. In looking on ebay I noticed several embossed cottage cheeses, but none with this type of lettering. All the others were a "script" font. This has normal square "arial" type font. Anyone have any of these, and know any more about them?

(sorry...pic is a little blurry)

Tim

Ur51961.jpg

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
chances are it's from the 30's, maybe 20's. Anything on the base?? That would help a great deal.

Yooper14

Reaction score
Yeah. My bad...here's the base. I should get into the habit of always posting those.

It's interesting. Doesn't appear to be any maker's mark, unless the dots ARE the mark. I think your estimate on the age fits the dump site just right, and is probably correct.

Tim

Bz78023.jpg

Yooper14

Reaction score
Oh...there is also an embossed "L52" near the base...I have this mark on most of the milks I dig in this area. I think it stands for the Lamb Glass Company??

Tim

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Yep. 1920 to possibly 1964. Nice bottle youve got there. i wonder if those dots on the base mean anything.

dollarbill

Reaction score
hey yooper an all ive dug a few of these the oldest one i have was sealed in 1914 heres a pic of one that has square type to i belive this one was from clover leaf dairy on the other side it says clover blossom creamed cottage cheese thanks all bill

Fd92144.jpg

Yooper14

Reaction score
Ah, the reverse on my has an embossed circle such as a milk would have, but nothing in it. I would guess it's in the 20's-30's year range, as I've found nothing newer than that in my dump.
Tim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1