Estate Collection in Maryland - No idea of value.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
What you have shown is an extensive 'Beginner' collection. Interesting, but nothing high dollar. You will need someone with local knowledge to appraise them, since locally rare examples can bring much higher prices common variations. Pack your patience, and GOOD LUCK!

willong

Reaction score
There is some nice stuff in there; and there is a fair amount of ho-hum stuff. Dogo spoke truth.

TROG

Reaction score
Is there any glass makers embossing around the base of the bottle no 82 with the marble in the neck. These are called Codd bottles and were patented in England in 1872 and variations are still being used in India. Thanks

Bottle 2 Rocks

Reaction score
I would be interested in the Like Me pop top soda bottle from SC if you were interested in mailing just one. This collection will likely need to be broke up to achieve the best sale prices, there are some decent ones like the SC dispensary flasks but most pictured are just what I would call yard sale bottles or early beginner pieces. Message me if interested in selling just the one bottle as it is what I collect.

UMDSmith

Reaction score
I would be interested in the Like Me pop top soda bottle from SC if you were interested in mailing just one. This collection will likely need to be broke up to achieve the best sale prices, there are some decent ones like the SC dispensary flasks but most pictured are just what I would call yard sale bottles or early beginner pieces. Message me if interested in selling just the one bottle as it is what I collect.
Yeah I'd be happy to sell them off individually.

UMDSmith

Reaction score
Is there any glass makers embossing around the base of the bottle no 82 with the marble in the neck. These are called Codd bottles and were patented in England in 1872 and variations are still being used in India. Thanks
Yes, it is a Codd bottle. I found it the most interesting as it has the marble and gasket still. We looked it up and ours dates specifically from 1883 to 1886, as my bottle still says 23 Park Row, New York. Which changed to Commerce Ave in 1887 on the bottles. It was kind of cool finding that out.

Old man digger

Reaction score
The two dispensaries shared are actually the most common variation. Not even a 4-figure bottle.
Uncle Bruce, thanks for that info. I did not know that there was such a disparity among those S.C. Dispensary bottles. There is a nice blue version with the Palmetto Tree embossed on it. Its been holding at $405.00 for the last few days. I have it in my saved folder just to see how high it will go in the last few seconds of the auction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac