Estate Sale beginning - kijiji ads - 1000 Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrosman

Reaction score
Good morning.... in response to RCO's comment "Orange Crush bottles are generally not considered rare".... I would like to know on what that comment is based. I wrote the only book on Orange Crush bottles, and there are PLENTY of 'rare' bottles starting in 1916. When sellers on Ebay etc., are selling bottles for profit, most don't have a clue what they are selling and ask ridiculous prices for common and/or uncommon bottles. They often sell 'rarer' bottles with no knowledge except they want to sell it and make money. As for Nova Scotia, there were no Orange Crush bottles with N.S., specifically on their bottles, yet Orange Crush did sell in Nova Scotia - I assume with occasional mention of Toronto and/or Montreal, mostly on the Mae West styled bottles, as these two cities are where most of the bottle manufacturing and bottling took place. Michael

Reelpro

Reaction score
The Orange Crush were not incredibly rare , other than one or 2 were probably somewhat rare,

A French only version and a very old "krinkly" - I believe the attraction was the pristine condition.

The collection I am selling has a lot of very good condition bottles, the bottles were placed in a farmhouse basement as they were collected, over the past 100 years. many I am sure were purchased at the store with product and then added to the basement collection. Some were found over the years and added.

Another post referenced East Coast bottles - I have a few besides the B.E.Nadeau Soda

pic of a nice one

Attachments

• Medicine Bottles pre 1900.jpg
    Medicine Bottles pre 1900.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 160

RCO

Reaction score
Good morning.... in response to RCO's comment "Orange Crush bottles are generally not considered rare".... I would like to know on what that comment is based. I wrote the only book on Orange Crush bottles, and there are PLENTY of 'rare' bottles starting in 1916. When sellers on Ebay etc., are selling bottles for profit, most don't have a clue what they are selling and ask ridiculous prices for common and/or uncommon bottles. They often sell 'rarer' bottles with no knowledge except they want to sell it and make money. As for Nova Scotia, there were no Orange Crush bottles with N.S., specifically on their bottles, yet Orange Crush did sell in Nova Scotia - I assume with occasional mention of Toronto and/or Montreal, mostly on the Mae West styled bottles, as these two cities are where most of the bottle manufacturing and bottling took place. Michael

I know there is many different variations and such of the orange crush bottles so some are rare .

when I looked thru the ads I saw a couple orange crush bottles and they looked to be standard embossed bottles from the 20's or 30's , the picture / ad isn't up anymore so I can't check back to see exactly what they were

the buyer was in Nova scotia but don't think these bottles have any connection to that area , seller is in Ontario

RCO

Reaction score
The Orange Crush were not incredibly rare , other than one or 2 were probably somewhat rare,

A French only version and a very old "krinkly" - I believe the attraction was the pristine condition.

The collection I am selling has a lot of very good condition bottles, the bottles were placed in a farmhouse basement as they were collected, over the past 100 years. many I am sure were purchased at the store with product and then added to the basement collection. Some were found over the years and added.

Another post referenced East Coast bottles - I have a few besides the B.E.Nadeau Soda

pic of a nice one

French only version ? I don't recall seeing that one , do you have a picture ?

if they've been in storage for years and kept clean that would help with the condition

but a lot of good condition bottles aren't necessary rare or even that hard to find

when I'm thinking rare as a bottle collector , rare to me is a 100 year old bottle from a small town that only operated briefly and few collectors have seen before

not machine made bottles from the 40's or 50's that I could dig up in just about any dump , there still old bottles but not what actual collectors would say was rare or hard to find

Mjbottle

Reaction score
Hi mrosman! Are the crinkly bottles that say wards orange crush considered rare?

mrosman

Reaction score
Hi Mjbottle.... certainly the Ward's bottles are less common, some very rare. These were basically the first bottles representing Orange Crush, and Ward was one of the founders. Initially they were paper labelled and then full embossed with Ward's name at the top. As well they had the flavour, Orange, Lemon and Lime.... but the Lime bottle is either extremely rare or nonexistent. Although it appears in paper ads, I have never seen one. There were also British Ward's bottles, also very rare. In summary, all Ward's bottles are uncommon to rare. I have a whole chapter in my book on Ward's and its history.

Attachments

• Cover-3rd..png
    Cover-3rd..png
    416.6 KB · Views: 149

Mjbottle

Reaction score
Hi Mjbottle.... certainly the Ward's bottles are less common, some very rare. These were basically the first bottles representing Orange Crush, and Ward was one of the founders. Initially they were paper labelled and then full embossed with Ward's name at the top. As well they had the flavour, Orange, Lemon and Lime.... but the Lime bottle is either extremely rare or nonexistent. Although it appears in paper ads, I have never seen one. There were also British Ward's bottles, also very rare. In summary, all Ward's bottles are uncommon to rare. I have a whole chapter in my book on Ward's and its history.
Thanks for taking the time to reply mrosman! You always have the.most helpful info for us all when it comes to orange crush, Much apriciated!

mrosman

Reaction score
Thanks Mjbottle.... although not collecting anymore after 45 years of Orange Crush it is fun for me to try and help/assist fellow collectors. Not surprisingly, I am always learning, and have even seen one, perhaps two bottles which were not described in my book.... perhaps I will help someone with the next edition...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado