Estate Sale Find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Roy

Reaction score
I went to an estate sale last week and came home with these. Roy

Attachments

• 20230123_114421.jpg
    20230123_114421.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 266

Roy

Reaction score
Nice fire grenade! Just make sure you never accidentally use it in a fire! They were banned for firefighting in the 1950's because ironically enough the chemicals inside when exposed to heat decomposed into a toxic gas called Phosgene. :D
https://www.antiquetrader.com/collectibles/fire-grenades-history-and-collectability
Thank you for the information.
I didn't know much about it but I have another one I think is the same. It's in the attic and when I get a chance I'll pull it out and compare the two of them. The man conducting the sale didn't know it was a fire extinguisher until after I bought it. He said had he known he would have asked for more money...
I haven't had time to research it yet but I paid $50.00 for all the glass and $30.00 for the jug so hopefully I didn't get stung too bad. Roy

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I think $50 is a great deal for those! Even for the fire grenade alone that's a pretty good deal. And as far as I know a fire grenade of that era is probably just going to be filled with salt water rather than the nastier chemicals used later on.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Thank you for the information.
I didn't know much about it but I have another one I think is the same. It's in the attic and when I get a chance I'll pull it out and compare the two of them. The man conducting the sale didn't know it was a fire extinguisher until after I bought it. He said had he known he would have asked for more money...
I haven't had time to research it yet but I paid $50.00 for all the glass and $30.00 for the jug so hopefully I didn't get stung too bad. Roy
Stung? Sounds like you stepped in S#!+
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum