Everyone Please Watch this!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
THIS COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE... Pass it on to all your friends and
family... this is nothing short of criminal.

There is a 30 sec. Commercial at first --- and then the video. The video is
well worth watching. Please watch until the end, because some of the most
important stuff you need to hear and see are past the middle of the segment.
It could save your life or that of someone you love. Pass it on after you've seen it. I think you'll want to. WOW!

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I have my tires rotated every 7 days.. doesn't everyone?

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I did not know this. Why doesn't this surprise me that the industry doesn't do anything about it in the US.
Should be a clear expiration date on them. But at least we know now what to look for.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Good info, thanks!

I always thought that the lost tread you see on the highways was from 18-wheeler tires which had been refurbished with new treads. Was the report trying to say that such detritus is largely from tires used on personal vehicles?

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hey Cap good information. I have bought tires from the same place the last two years .Tires purchase less then a year ago with only 15,000 miles on them were all ready seperating causing a very noticable vibration at speeds over 55 MPH.I showed them the invoice last month and the tires were under Manufactorors Warranty still. What we found out was exactly what you have shown here.(Shelf life) Although New they were manufactured in 2006
From now on when purhasing any tire or expensive surpentine belt or any made from rubber auto product I will check the shelf life date.Thanks for posting this.Will be talking to yoiu again on a regular basis.Take care Steve

cc6pack

Reaction score
Cap

Tread separations are caused by several factors age being only one of them. One of the major factors is tire pressure. A radial tire has an inherent leak in them. You need to keep a check on your tire pressure, especially during changing of seasons. It is nothing to see tire pressures decrease by 2 to 3 lbs each month. With the decrease in pressure heat builds up in the tire and this causes more problems.
Just listen to a NASCAR race and note how many times they refer to tire pressure

Also there is only one major U.S. tire making tires Goodyear, the rest are foreign owned. I think General and Cooper are the only others I can think of. Hoosier I think only make race tires? One more oddity you may see a 53rd week of manufacture on some of the tires.

Good post you can't be too safe when it come to the famly car.

capsoda

Reaction score
One of the major factors is tire pressure.

That is why I go with nitrogen in my tires. Loss due to heat leakage is substantially reduced because the tires run cooler and nitrogen doesn't saturate the tire causing moisture or air build up between the threads in the side walls. It makes radials lumpy for a little longer while heating up. All the synthetics that are used in modern tires cause a lot of trouble but manufacturers say they are better. Rubber tells you when it is done, it cracks.

Most folks don't know that they can save substantial amounts of cash if the would check their tire pressure at least once a month.

9 year old "New Tires" might be OK on a show car that sees 1000 miles a year but never on the interstate or high speed limit highways.

Stardust

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. what will we find out next? [8|]
Charlie, I change mine every 10 days. ; ) you got me there.

Lordbud

Reaction score
I ride my bicycle everywhere around town rain or shine, to work, to visit my kids, to the grocery store. Amazing how easy it is to change a bike tire or inner tube. Automatic exercise too.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado