exploring stories?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
I love to explore BUT being a young female it isn't safe to explore alone. My boyfriend agreed to go with me today to explore a camp ground that has been abandoned for, I would say, about 12 years. There is a large creek that runs beside it and the land surrounding the creek floods so I was looking for bottles stuck in brush and stuff. The campground and the trailer park that was it was shut down because of the flooding. I am glad I have a brain and don't go places alone....

while we were exploring we came across what apparently was someones home.... No one was home,luckily, but as we sat in the car deciding where to go from there, we noticed two people walking up the road behind us.

I don't know if it was the "home owners" or they were just cutting through the camp grounds BUT we didn't stick around to find out.

Do y'all have any crazy stories about homeless or crazy people confronting you while you explored?

glass man

Reaction score
Coming home from looking for bottles one day..I got to the street that goes right to the front of our house..all of a sudden shooting starts..one guy shooting across the street at another guy who was shooting back..and I was in the middle!

One of the guys that was shooting with a pistol looked right at me and for a second I thought he was going to shoot me!!

I jumped into a shallow ditch behind a van...I could see a lady in her house looking at me and she...closed her blinds!Finally the cops got there,,both gun freaks had ran off by that time..the guys didn't really seem serious about shooting each other..but I could have got shot just cause I was in the middle of road.WHEW!!!Jamie

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
WOW!!! Thank God you didn't get hit!!! That is how a lot of innocent people are killed! I hope that woman at least called the police!!! I wonder if she thought you were in on it and didn't want you to know she had seen your face!?? How crazy!!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: myersdiggers1998

someone on here while out scouting found the corpse of a homeless man a few years back , I dont remember who it was .
That was Wheelah, found the poor guy in Montclair... He was fairly new to the hobby and only just starting to dig that site.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: myersdiggers1998

someone on here while out scouting found the corpse of a homeless man a few years back , I dont remember who it was .

yeah It doesn't get any more homeless then that

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
We encountered a long haired white ghost of a women looking out a window from the attic of a house we came across by the river. But that is another thread [8D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18