Eye cup

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I do need eye glass, which is ironic. I got this eye glass or cup. I am pretty sure it was for washing your eye out. Maybe for soaking eye with medication. Not quite sure. First one i ever got up close and personal with. Very neat design. Anybody know more about it? Has an 11 on the bottom.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
IMG_20200527_165806.jpg

Mjbottle

Reaction score
I do need eye glass, which is ironic. I got this eye glass or cup. I am pretty sure it was for washing your eye out. Maybe for soaking eye with medication. Not quite sure. First one i ever got up close and personal with. Very neat design. Anybody know more about it? Has an 11 on the bottom.
ROBBYBOBBY64
ROBBYBOBBY64.
View attachment 207897
Cool! I have one like it that i got from my grandmother, i know its made for rinsing your eye.other than that i dont know much about it, mine has an 8 on the bottom, i always wondered if it was a mold number or maybe a sizing number for different sized eyes.

Attachments

• 20200527_173434.jpg
    20200527_173434.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 326
  • 20200527_173459.jpg
    20200527_173459.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 319

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
You are correct, it is an eye cup, or eye bath. That is a relatively recent one. We collected eye baths years ago along with eye medicines. They came in many styles and colors, including hand blown and pontilled. In the 1980s some one started reproducing the eye baths in crazy colors and took all the fun out of it. The clear glass like yours could still be found in drugstores until a few years ago.We still have most of the collection because the repros killed the market. I can post some pictures if you like,

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
You are correct, it is an eye cup, or eye bath. That is a relatively recent one. We collected eye baths years ago along with eye medicines. They came in many styles and colors, including hand blown and pontilled. In the 1980s some one started reproducing the eye baths in crazy colors and took all the fun out of it. The clear glass like yours could still be found in drugstores until a few years ago.We still have most of the collection because the repros killed the market. I can post some pictures if you like,
I hate reproductions. Thanks for the information. I do not know eye cups. Dogo you bet i would love to see pictures of your eye cup collection!

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
I got out a few examples, the older ones are packed away. The one is marked "Elder Flower" with an embossed eye. That was the name of a medicine. They were a great collectible. We have about 50 eye baths plus numerous medicines and remedies. Amber is a rare color for eye products or baths.
IMG_2161.JPG
IMG_2159.JPG

martyfoley

Reaction score
Thanks for showing Dogo, nice collection. Didn't realize they were being reproduced. Many items are though so gotta watch out. Historical flasks, cast iron coin banks, and cast iron transportation items to name a few.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Thanks Dogo. They are nicely colored. I like the different shapes also.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18