Eye Popping Prices

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
A couple people showed up at this auction with some money! I think record breaking prices for just about every flask in this auction...I only saw one flask lot that I would say went for market value. Not sure if it was the provenance (George McKearin) that did it or if there was something else at play, but had to be something to see in person when lots estimated at $300-$500 go for $110,000!

The 19 flask lots sold for $320,500 plus buyer's premium (listed online as 29% but may have been less at the auction house) plus sales tax.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
A couple people showed up at this auction with some money! I think record breaking prices for just about every flask in this auction...I only saw one flask lot that I would say went for market value. Not sure if it was the provenance (George McKearin) that did it or if there was something else at play, but had to be something to see in person when lots estimated at $300-$500 go for $110,000!

The 19 flask lots sold for $320,500 plus buyer's premium (listed online as 29% but may have been less at the auction house) plus sales tax.
Insane

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
You have to be careful on this site. They do deal with unethical auction houses. Fakes are a problem. They do little to prevent this and are clueless regarding fakes. Selling fakes across state line is a federal offense. Still doesn't stop them. There are good dealers as well. If your not sure about an item always ask someone who knows.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

nhpharm

Reaction score
This is a reputable auction house and all of the flask lots actually sold to the floor rather than online. But yes-LiveAuctioneers does deal with a lot of so-called auction houses that have no idea what they are doing.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I was going to write a comment but just remembered I need to switch my laundry around.
Ha, just what I was thinking! I know you can get some unusually high prices at auctions but six figures when the estimate was three? For bottles? Yeah something smells off about that one...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac