F.W. COOK &Co ale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

fer_de_lance

Reaction score
[attachment=IMG_1299.JPG]
hemihampton said:
Yeah, That a nice bottle. Congrats. LEON. P.S. Whats the bottom look like? is it a 1850's bottle?

I think late 1850's but still trying find out when Cook's was first distributed in Memphis.

Attachments

• 38c2b53092c646c78f0dae2a9ab36766.jpg
    38c2b53092c646c78f0dae2a9ab36766.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 76

goodman1966

Reaction score
Try cronicalingamerica , I found 128 references to Diehl & Lord. Nothing on Cook yet. Earliest reference to Diehl & Lord was Oct, 18 1874. That's when they established their branch house there. Says they were famous for their ales. Mitch

memphisbottles

Reaction score
Yes those are rare bottles although there are more around. I had one I sold, thememphisdiggers sold one a few years ago that they had dug in Memphis, I know of two in collections here in Memphis. In the 70's I saw some others that were dug. I figure there are at least 10 or more in collections. If you wanted to buy one I doubt you could find one anyone would sell these days.In the 70's the sold for $50, I think thememphisdiggers got maybe $1800 for their bottle on ebay. It is one of the best looking bottles from Memphis. Great find.

fer_de_lance

Reaction score
memphisbottles said:
Yes those are rare bottles although there are more around. I had one I sold, thememphisdiggers sold one a few years ago that they had dug in Memphis, I know of two in collections here in Memphis. In the 70's I saw some others that were dug. I figure there are at least 10 or more in collections. If you wanted to buy one I doubt you could find one anyone would sell these days.
In the 70's the sold for $50, I think thememphisdiggers got maybe $1800 for their bottle on ebay. It is one of the best looking bottles from Memphis. Great find.
Yes, when I read the information on Memphis Diggers site several years ago I missed that they said there were at least 15 known and I didn't read it again until after I bought this bottle and posted this thread. I'm still pumped up about getting it, Having stumbled onto the Memphis Diggers site while researching F W Cook and finding out he actually had his beer being sold in Memphis in embossed bottles. I sent a message to Memphis Diggers but didn't recieve reply, so that was that I thought and now finding one in my own back yard so to speak, it's almost like a dream

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora