Far North Alabama, Far South Tennessee Digging & Hunting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

alaphotog

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum here, but have been leisurely looking for bottles ever since I was a kid. I am in the Huntsville area now but have roots in Florence. Is there anyone nearby in far northern AL or far southern TN that wants/needs a digging or hunting buddy? Unfortunately it seems as though all of the growth in the Huntsville area has hidden the bottles pretty well. Luckily my career is in cartography, so I have a positive trait of finding/deciphering old maps & have access to detailed LIDAR data to find hillsides and low areas. Any help is greatly appreciated!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Hi & welcome to site. I used to dig in Huntsville area & east of Huntsville in Scottsboro area. My Parents & Sister live in Scottsboro since 1989. I live in Detroit but on every visit in the 1990's upto 2010 I would dig up a storm every time I visited. back then it was mostly 1930'-50's Beer can Dumps. But would love to dig some old Privies or Bottle Dumps next times I visit. I used to visit every Christmas or sometimes 2 or 3 times a year. There was another member in here from Huntsville but don't think he's been in here for years. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen