Farmers' Pure Milk Dairy - Anyone Recognize it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Found this milk bottle at a thrift store in Montreal last weekend. For a buck I figured I'd take a chance on it without knowing where it's from. Based on the name I assumed it would be one of those big urban dairies and I'd be able to just Google it, but I can't find any record of this company apart from someone in Edmonton selling another bottle from the same dairy. It's got the Consumer's Glass logo on the base so it's definitely Canadian, but no other identifying info. Any of you Canadian collectors ever come across this company before? It's not exactly an easy name to research without knowing where it's from.

There was a Farmers' Dairy Limited in Montreal, so there's a good chance it's a Montreal bottle, although it doesn't seem to be listed on the pretty comprehensive Quebec milk bottle site.
1663860953668.jpeg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Maybe related to this one?

View attachment 240109
Oh yeah that's another possibility! The difficulty with this one is that it's such a common sort of name that there are probably plenty of dairies which used similar names and the dairy itself might have used variations on the name over the years.

RCO

Reaction score
the ontario dairy book lists several dairies that used the first name " Farmers " , isn't any with the exact name Farmers Limited but is some called Farmers Dairy co limited , so perhaps related or just similar names

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
the ontario dairy book lists several dairies that used the first name " Farmers " , isn't any with the exact name Farmers Limited but is some called Farmers Dairy co limited , so perhaps related or just similar names
Probably just similar names. I think they were meant to indicate that a dairy was owned by a group of farmers rather than someone who bought milk from farmers and then repackaged it. Same reason there are so many Producers' Dairies out there. It definitely makes trying to research any of these companies a lot harder.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky