Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Favorite Jar for January 2015

jarsnstuff

Aug 28, 2004
California
I'm hoping to revive the "favorite jar" category, I still want to see your favorites. To start out the new year, I'm showing this unembossed, clear, slightly stained, not much to look at half pint jar. What I like about it is that it has a ground lip, a lot of bubbles, and a midget lid fits perfectly - making my set of 3 Mason's Patent jars into a set of 4 - and it's cute. I'm showing it in the company of the other 3 jars so you get an idea of perspective. -Tammy

Attachments

goodman1966

Jul 20, 2013
Shreveport La.
Very nice jars Tammy ! I don't have a lot of jars and I guess this is not technically a jar but it is my favorite. Sadly it needs a lid I can't find. Joy minnow trap !
[attachment=image(QI).jpg]
[attachment=image(UK).jpg]
[attachment=image.jpg]

Attachments

deenodean

Nov 18, 2010
Nova Scotia Canada
That minnow trap is cool.Here is my pick for the month. It is a clear quart nothing jar embossed Mid West, Canadian Made. What I like about this one is the Maple Leaf lid that came with it. Too bad it has a little chip out of it but this is the 1st one I have ever seen.[attachment=IMG_3416.JPG] [attachment=IMG_3414.JPG] [attachment=IMG_3417.JPG]

Attachments

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
I've never seen one of those Maple Leaf lids before, not on any of the Mid West jars I've seen. I wonder if that's what it originally went to or if it's from something else. Can't think of any more obvious contenders though, I don't know of any jars with maple leafs on them.

coreya

Apr 30, 2007
Summerfield, Fl
The original Mid West jars came with a glass insert with an M in a circle and the maple leaf insert is listed as a replacement. At least according to the references I have.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boondocker