Favorite Texas Soda Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Canadacan, do you have information on the Here's How variety? I have one without a city but have been looking for one with a city now. I can't imagine that slogan was used for very long..
My info is limited...but there seems to be about 3-4 variations, the "Here's How" slogan appeared around 1929 in newsprint ads....3 Rivers closed in 37. I would suspect there are several city bottles out there. A fellow collector has two not marked 3 Rivers...one has no city the other has Gulfport Miss. Another thing is mine seems to be a new variant as the H's are lower case h's on the "here's how".

Reaction score
Good to put a date on it. I know there is also a Watonga, Oklahoma Here's How with a 3 Rivers* mark. Mine also has the h's in lower case.

ACLbottles

Reaction score
This one may be my favorite. It's an ACL seltzer bottle from the Dr. Pepper Bottling Co. of Austin, TX. I like the Dr. Pepper connection and the depiction of the Texas capitol building on the label is just too cool!
IMG_3487.jpg

Reaction score
Wow, that is awesome ACLbottles! I go to school in San Marcos at Texas State, have searched quite a bit through Austin antique stores and have never seen one of these. The capitol sure does make it special!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Did I see you showing that to Jay at the Waco show? Sure is a beauty!

ACLbottles

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! nhpharm, I did show it to Jay in Waco! I wanted to get his opinion on it. Did you say you were set up at the show?

nhpharm

Reaction score
Yep. I was right across from Jay...I talked to you a bit but didn't realize who you were.

Attachments

• IMG_4361.jpg
    IMG_4361.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 186

ACLbottles

Reaction score
Ah, yes, I do remember meeting you! I really should have realized that was you with all the Galveston stuff you had but I wasn't thinking about it at the time. Well it was great talking with you! I plan on attending more Texas shows in the future so hopefully I'll run into you again at one of them!

cool63truck

Reaction score
This is my favorite as it is one of only a few bottles in my collection that the embossing is completely legible and it’s from East Texas(where I currently live)

34b4be3821ac6b228ef7d76cf1ec9335.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu