FBI interviewed Terror Suspect in 2011

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rockbot

Reaction score
Eric, are we living in that much fear that we canʻt even have dialog? You locking Ricks thread for fear of what? Politically Correct = Terrorism win, We all loose!

WASHINGTON -- The FBI and other law enforcement agencies were aware of at least one of the Boston terror suspects for several years, and even failed to deport him after a domestic violence conviction in 2009.

The FBI in 2011 interviewed one of the brothers suspected in the deadly Boston Marathon bombings, a disclosure that raises questions about whether the government missed potential warning signs about the men's behavior.

The brothers had not been under surveillance as possible militants, U.S. government officials said. But the FBI said in a statement on Friday that in 2011 it interviewed Tamerlan at the request of a foreign government, which it did not identify.

"The request stated that it was based on information that he was a follower of radical Islam and a strong believer, and that he had changed drastically since 2010 as he prepared to leave the United States for travel to the country's region to join unspecified underground groups," the FBI statement said.

epackage

Reaction score
Thought it was tame, Steve and I are as cool as the other side of the pillow, unlock that thread and lets discuss it like adults in the the land of the free!!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Eric, are we living in that much fear that we canʻt even have dialog?
I still believe in due process, maybe I'm the last in the country.
There was a lot of stuff saying shoot first or send them directly to a life sentence of torturing with no trial. Are those the principals we were founded on or trying to stop?
Evil begets evil, Gospel or Matthew I think. It also begets more evil, it's an endless cycle.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Your signature says it well Pat. Shoot first and ask questions later? Vote me off, I'd love to get back to ignoring stuff and just pick and choose what I care about. I'd more likely leave altogether and find a bottle site that doesn't allow politics at all... like most other bottle sites.
Open season for everyone here... spammers, hatemongers... all are welcome. It's a free for all if that's what you all want.
1. a fight, argument, or contest open to everyone and usually without rules.
Wish it was still Wood running the show......................or at least nominated and voted on the moderators.

Wise men talk because they have something to say.

The rest of you are just shooting blanks.

Plumbata

Reaction score
So I hear that the surviving younger brother is being charged with using a "Weapon of Mass Destruction".

I about vomited when I heard that idiocy. The nation was stirred by Bush and Company to support the invasion of Iraq on the basis that they, supposedly an element of the "Axis of Evil", had "Weapons of Mass Destruction". Tens of thousands of innocent civilians died so that we could engage in sociopolitical colonialism and allow contractors and businesses to amass billions in profit from the conflict and access to resources. But then it came out that they in fact did not have WMDs (surprise surprise...).

So now a dangerous precedent has been set; a glorified pipe bomb is now defined as a weapon of mass destruction. A pressure cooker and a pocketful of ball bearings are "ingredients" of WMDs. In my possession are many legal chemicals and items which, in a day or two, could be assembled in such a way to put a little stovetop pressure cooker bomb to shame. Hell, pressurize a canister full of gasoline with an oxygen tank for someone with emphysema, add a solenoid valve and nichrome igniter and you've got a really nasty WMD. Better start confiscating gas, firefighting hardware, and medical equipment too!

WTF is going on here? Instead of solely using the term "terrorism" or "terrorist" which was vague and inadequate to begin with, now the terminology has been expanded to the far more vague word "extremism". It is clever from the standpoint of those in power, but extraordinarily dangerous to normal citizens. Are Libertarians like me who despise the current state and manifestation of government "extremists"? Is anyone who thinks for themselves rather than adopting the rhetoric spouted by the media a potential threat? (left or right media, it doesn't matter. Those in power are largely the same, regardless of outward political affiliation; they fuel the smoke and mirrors show of partisan politics to keep us divided and in the dark while they consolidate power and pad their pockets). If you look up the definition of "Terrorism", the media and government fit the bill perfectly. It's disgusting.

Since this nation was able to sell the war in Iraq to the sheeple on the basis that they had dangerous "Weapons of Mass Destruction", and now those weapons include items as rudimentary as backpack-sized home-made grenades, I guess the country is now at liberty to invade every single sovereign nation on the planet, because such items certainly exist everywhere, or *could* be created everywhere. Well... Only invade if it is profitable, anyway... Makes me sick.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Plummy, don't talk about making WMD's, they're likely looking for chatter like this.. your government is a very large, powerful thing, maybe not as powerful as it once was, there's more competition out there now.. anyway, they will do what they can to keep the power. That's all anyone needs to know, according to them. Us individuals, bloated with entitlements and seething with xenophobia, we get absorbed into events like this and with each one it's like suddenly we need to find a way to prevent it from happening again, in fact we demand it! I'm sure there's an anti pressure cooker bill already drafted.. we worry about losing our rights and freedoms, but we don't want the bad guys to have those same rights and freedoms, of course, so.. hmmm.. how can we tell who is good and who is bad before the bads do something bad?

Cows, I'm responsible for Patty cake's current signature.. the second line, anyway.. I changed it for him because it sounded more like him than the version he came up with. It's a signature after all, it had better be authentic..!

Patsy, it may comfort you to know that Woody is still running the show, he's just sub-contracting the crappy part of the job to us suckers.. he's a smart man, that woodcock.. stays out of the pig pen..

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

Your signature says it well Pat. Shoot first and ask questions later? Vote me off, I'd love to get back to ignoring stuff and just pick and choose what I care about. I'd more likely leave altogether and find a bottle site that doesn't allow politics at all... like most other bottle sites.
Open season for everyone here... spammers, hatemongers... all are welcome. It's a free for all if that's what you all want.
1. a fight, argument, or contest open to everyone and usually without rules.
Wish it was still Wood running the show......................or at least nominated and voted on the moderators.

Wise men talk because they have something to say.

The rest of you are just shooting blanks.

Eric.

My signature....................that's some of Charlies 'power trip' stuff. It started off as a quote from Plato, then he got his wittle feelings hurt so he went into my setup and changed it around a few times I guess to show me what a big man he was.

You say you would like to leave? No one is forcing you to stay here, remember Flashenjager. When things did not go his way, he booked up and left............and this place continued on w/out him.

Sorry everybody can't be the way you like, that's just the way it is.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis