FeeBay anomalies

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Here are two recent FeeBay auctions for identical items:
  1. Country Club Malt Liquor 8 oz Flat Top Beer Can- USBC 241-01 - MINTY (2 sided)
  2. Country Club - 8 oz. flat top - blank oval
The first one sells for $139.19 on April 4 of this year
The second sells at $29.89 on April 12 of this year

Only 8 days apart. This is a great example of why using FeeBay to "VALUE" your items is a nearly useless tool. Value is always subjective and ever changing. An item's value can only be determined by ourselves and what we are willing to sell/buy at. There is no rule of thumb, set in stone, guide book value or anything that can tell us what something is worth.

YoloBottles

Reaction score
I believe the $139 auction is a victim of shill bidding. Almost half of the bids are one person bidding against himself.

There are more cans like that on the bayselling for BIN/OBO for around $20. Very weird how it went so high.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I believe the $139 auction is a victim of shill bidding. Almost half of the bids are one person bidding against himself.
There are more cans like that on the bayselling for BIN/OBO for around $20. Very weird how it went so high.
The problem occurs when folks use feebay as a pricing tool not taking in to account that there is fictitious activity taking place.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've seen this many many times & agree ebay is so unpredictable it can't be used as a pricing tool. From my experiance many of these odd high or low prices are not shills & are legite. The problem is 2 things, some people are just totally clueless & some just have way to much money to spend & don't care & some have both these problems combined for a real disaster. LEON.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Happens to me all the time...I'll list something on eBay, it won't sell, I'll relist it, and all of a sudden the price rockets up. Guess it just depends on who is searching on eBay and how they are searching. Definitely no rhyme or reason.

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
I see $100 bottles sell for $500 and $500 bottles sell for $100 in better condition. It definitely has to do with the time of the year too ( like tax season)People have extra cash or holidays where people don't have extra cash. Then there is the who is searching this year vs last year.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I was watching a item on ebay that got relisted over & over every week for months. Finally I said I'm going to bid on it. I bid on it. Then at the end the snippers get in a bidding War & the price Skyrockets to quadruple what they could of got it for last week or the 10 weeks before that? LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Happens to me all the time...I'll list something on eBay, it won't sell, I'll relist it, and all of a sudden the price rockets up. Guess it just depends on who is searching on eBay and how they are searching. Definitely no rhyme or reason.

Yeah, same thing has happened to me, That's why I said many times these odd suspicious looking high bids are really legite instead of shill bids. LEON.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora