FINALLY MY FIRST 2 HUTCHES!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dewfus

"Saving The Past So It Has A Future"
Reaction score
Congratulations on some great hutch finds and thanks for providing us the vicarious thrill of some very hard work paying off - recovering history never grows old!
Ty I absolutley loved every minute of my numb hand and legs!!! History has always been my thing. Other then my family theres nothing I love more then finding history and saving it and sharing it with others. As a kid i did nothing but get in trouble in my small town. Now as an adult i save the history of it and the surrounding towns as well!!!!

K6TIM

Reaction score
I remember when I found my first Hutch bottle.I was traveling in western Indiana.I was on a back road,and I looked to my right,and saw a lot of glass shining just off the road.I saw it was a real old dump so I decided to dig around.I I dug and dug all of a sudden I hit something.I had to dig with my spade so not to break to object.What I found was a colbalt blue J. lowmax hutch.Talk about a find it was my first hutch.
Take care
K6TIM/TIM

E

Reaction score
Congratz, hutches have been tough to come by for me, in my 50+ years of digging I think I have only dug 2 or 3, the most recent coming over 40 years ago... I have actually found many more pontilled sodas than hutches.

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Ty I love it !!! I dreamed of this day lol sad I'm so stoked about a 10 dollor horse hutch and a plain slugg plate hutch but I guess I'm easily excitable lol
Well Dewey I'm super stoked for you! I would love to dig that horse figural Hutch! Any soda or beer that has figures is cool AF to me...
Happy as hell for ya, keep finding & telling us 'bout it!
~Fred

treeguyfred

Reaction score
50+ years of digging I think I have only dug 2 or 3, the most recent coming over 40 years ago... I have actually found many more pontilled sodas than hutches.
LOL Well E, that's a pretty good uhhhh "problem" to have ... You have obviously had the good fortune to get on real Old digs. The hutchinson bottle is a turn of last century era bottle, circa 1890 -1910. Northern/northwest New Jersey is chock full o hutchinsons. Ya can't throw an embossed brick or a bromo around here w/o hitting a hutch :p
~Fred

Palani

Reaction score
My first hutch Honolulu Hollister HI and I was hooked. It was my first dig right across the street where I lived in downtown Honolulu.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis