Finally some privies to dig!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Got a permission to dig behind an old house downtown. When we got to the property, we realized our permisson covered two lots! Found a pit lickity split and opened it up. Two feet down, Budweiser cans and other signs of ABD. Filled her in!
By this time we had two more pits probed and decided to open up the stiffer of the two. Within the first few feet we were seeing feather edge and redware shards. Then came the bricks! A hundred of them at least. We wanted to fill it in, but the shards kept coming. We dug it out to the thin use layer to find everything smashed. Two aqua open pontil puffs, two olive open pontil wines, a black glass open pontil porter, an open pontil flint glass cup, a open pontil aqua Demi, a redware crock and a salt glazed jug... all destroyed. We did find the bottom corner post of the old wood liner intact! WTF?
We did probe out two, maybe three more pits to dig and there are two cisterns as well. At least four more digs to go! Could not ask for a cooler homeowner. The hospitality and total FULL on permission to dig anywhere was very welcomed. Can't wait to get back and dig some more! I do have pics, but will have to get them off my phone.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Cool lex I hope the others produce for ya. We got a few to do, dug one behind the house that was void of glass one embossed bottle! What happened to the good ole [:D]days. These oth er pits are under black top,time will tell

lexdigger

Reaction score
This town has been hit hard so we come across a lot of dug pits. Whoever dug this yard missed the pontil pit just a few feet from the 80's pit they dug. We are hoping there are some of the others we found got missed as well. One feels very loose but another feels good. If all else fails we may get a few amber cokes out of the cisterns and I'm eyeballing a little door that leads to the crawl space! :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown