Find any Western bottles in the East

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

justanolddigger

Reaction score
I live in Northern Michigan, and for some strange reason, have dug a few western bottles. We dug two DR VINCENT'S ANGEL OF LIFE from San Fransisco, and a friend dug a broken one about 40 miles north of me, and yet another was dug in Cadillac about 30 miles south of me. Not bad for a pretty rare western med. I also dug two square amber GUN WA'S CHINESE REMEDYS, I think those are from Colorado. Lastly, Paul Bata and I dug two early very crude cobalt cylinders embossed on the shoulder GWH that I was told were from Wyoming and blown at Pacific Glassworks in 1869, I think the one who gave me the info was Mike McNeil. It does fit with where we dug the GWH, the pit was in the yard of a federal land agent who had traveled to Wyoming in his job capacity about that time. I still feel it is amazing that these bottles made it here in Northern Michigan as we are not in any direct travel paths for east to west. I also find it kind of weird that all three of my western bottles came in pairs....Bill

westernbittersnut

Reaction score
justanolddigger,

D.B. Vincent actually left San Francisco in 1869 and moved to Wisconsin, so finding some of his bottles, either brand would not be unheard of.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky