Finding Love Canal

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madpaddla

Reaction score
Hello All:

How do we NOT find Love Canal while digging? Are there tell tale signs? Found a drum the other day and ran, didn't want any of that.

Madpaddla

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
hey Ben...

If it has a "skull and crossbones" on it, you want to leave it... [:-]if it smells bad, you don't want to touch it...[8|] if it looks bad you don't want to fondle it...[:-] if you sink into the ground while standing next to it, you want to get away from it...[&o] if your lungs start burning when you bend over it, you want to hold your breath and run from it...[:'(]

Unless it is a beautiful bottle that you need for your collection, then you grab it and dig some more!!![;)]

Wayne

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Don't worry Mad, The "Cradle To Grave Act" ensures your wife can sue the pants off someone. Then after she gives you a nice burial, she and her new husband will be set for life![sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
I've dug a thousand dumps. In all that time, I only hit serious toxic stuff once, and I think it was a car battery that burned acid on my arms for a bit, but I was able to rinse it off in a stream pretty quick. I suppose there is some toxic stuff buried out there, I guess staying away from big rusted barrels sitting in oozing liquid would make sense, but around these parts the EPA has already discovered any Mercury or serious poisons that are floating around out there.
Keep posted to your obituaries though, you may see mine posted one of these days for all the trash I've dug through, who knows !
Bram

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4