Finds from today!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
there appears to be a yellow/light amber next to the small jug. that caught my attention
I think it's just reflection from the lighter pictin bottle.
Don't know for sure tho, didn't clean it, left it..

Bohdan

Reaction score
I hadn't realized it was a lever action, I was trying to figure out what I was looking at there. I'd definitely bring that one home, I don't think sawed-off rifles are particularly common finds. That one's likely got some interesting history behind it, with some electrolysis you could probably remove the rust and get an idea of what the model was. Hopefully it's not rusted through too badly, with the rust gone it could be a good display piece.
That gun is interesting, any idea if it's real or a toy?
Fergawdsake look at the size.
Any adult would have a hard time getting his finger through the trigger guard - even without the rust.
(1950s vintage toy)

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Fergawdsake look at the size.
Any adult would have a hard time getting his finger through the trigger guard - even without the rust.
(1950s vintage toy)
Not necessarily on your comment about trigger size, I have seen some real guns with unbelievably small trigger space. However, it is a toy BB gun, that looks just like the 1940s or 50s Daisy BB gun.

Bohdan

Reaction score
Not necessarily on your comment about trigger size, I have seen some real guns with unbelievably small trigger space. However, it is a toy BB gun, that looks just like the 1940s or 50s Daisy BB gun.
Sorry - got to disagree. Daisy/Red Ryder all had wooden stock with barrel extending beyond the front stock. Take a look at some pics. The 'lever' on Daisys' were all curved to follow the curve of the grip.
I'm not even sure it is a BB gun. It looks more like a tin "pop gun" of the type that used to shoot corks on a string.
(I also disagree about size of trigger guard, but then I'm not American, so not I'm obsessed with guns.)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu