Finds of the day and precarious question.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jimmy Langford

Reaction score
The large brown bottle usually held something like camphorated oil from some pharmacy supply co.
Probably a good idea to get permission-its always someones owned land and you never know they might show up with a gun or call it in as trespassing. These old houses may be a holding place or hoarding storage for some land owners-I have seen it before, they may still want the stuff there and then maybe not, just too busy to deal with it.

"If you see land for sale buy it because they ain't making it no more" Samuel Clemens
I’m absolutely willing to ask for permission but I’m having a hard time finding his information. I only came out with one number (which I texted) and I’m betting that it’s a old number because it says it belongs to someone else. From what I can find I don’t think he lives on the property but there is a house there. There where no vehicles I could see yesterday. Maybe sometime I will go see if anyone does live there but I doubt anyone does.

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
Actually I don’t sell my bottles but maybe $30? Isn’t it not very common to find ones in this size?

I find these all the time. They are very common but they are cool.

Attachments

• 16158227296962775224146385791612.jpg
    16158227296962775224146385791612.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121

Bottle 2 Rocks

Reaction score
Agreed. I have always been lucky so far.
One of the last bottle dumps I dug before I left MD 15 yrs ago was a thin strip wooded ravine between farm fields, nothing around in sight but a cement plant in the vicinity so i said ok lets go. An hour of digging I,m surprised by a gruff voice saying what are you doing. The landowner as it turns out was walking his 2 huge dogs and thought I was a hunter because he spotted my truck nearby, he followed the clinking noise and found me with a sheepish grin on my face. I explained what I was doing as fast as I could before he might turn loose his dogs on me lol. We got along well after that (luckily a nice guy)and he allowed me to continue and told me I could park even closer to the site the next time. He lived a mile away and as it turns out I later installed a HVAC system in his farmhouse addition.
Not all encounters are going to be lucky ones though.

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Actually I don’t sell my bottles but maybe $30? Isn’t it not very common to find ones in this size?
It's definitely not uncommon to find unembossed bottles in that size. In my experience the larger something is the harder it is to sell. I'd price one like that for a dollar and wouldn't have high hopes for it selling quickly.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Just to set the record straight, I have never trespassed before. Wouldn't it be funny if the owner of the house and land was a member of this site? You never know. Maybe your lucky you didn't have your camera. Lol! Seriously, Most likely no one lives there, but I would think a bank or the town owns it. From what I've see and heard from everyone commenting, it isn't worth it. Your call though.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

east texas terry

Reaction score
Haha yeah right. The property had a county road running through it, wasn’t fenced off, and there was a hole in the side of the shed that I was able to fit through. I don’t think that fits the definition of breaking and entering.
TEXAS HAS A STAND YOUR GROUND LAW WATCH OUT THE JUDGE WILL WORK 410 OR 45

east texas terry

Reaction score
GO TO T. A. M. D. C. ORG CHECK OUT OUR CODE OF ETHICS THIS SHOULD APPLY TO BOTTLE
DIGGER TO [#1 RESPECT THE RIGHTS AND PROPERTY OF OTHER
#2 DO NOT DETECT WITHOUT THE LAND OWNER,S PERMISSION

Jimmy Langford

Reaction score
Just to set the record straight, I have never trespassed before. Wouldn't it be funny if the owner of the house and land was a member of this site? You never know. Maybe your lucky you didn't have your camera. Lol! Seriously, Most likely no one lives there, but I would think a bank or the town owns it. From what I've see and heard from everyone commenting, it isn't worth it. Your call though.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
You haven’t ever creel walked ? I’m pretty sure that’s trespassing. From my research this guy is in his mid 60s and actually doesn’t live at the location and actually lives over 2 hours away. He has or does own many properties. One good way to find out if anyone lives in the house across the road from the old shed is to go there at night and see if the lights are on I guess. I tried texting the phone number they have him down for but haven’t received a response back. I’m quite sure that he would gladly say yes. Eventually I will probably return permission or no permission. Since there is early 1900s stuff then I think it’s definitely worth investing time in. Soda bottle potential. If it was only 30s-modern stuff then I probably wouldn’t be so ecstatic about returning.

embe

Reaction score
Haha yeah right. The property had a county road running through it, wasn’t fenced off, and there was a hole in the side of the shed that I was able to fit through. I don’t think that fits the definition of breaking and entering.

yeah, I see what you're getting at but there are some properties that get caught up in escrow, and whatever else...Without owner's (bank, whatever) permission I don't see how it wouldn't be some sort of trespass? Unless it's somehow considered public property since a county road runs through it(?). I certainly wouldn't be taking the chance. my 2 cents.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
You haven’t ever creel walked ? I’m pretty sure that’s trespassing. From my research this guy is in his mid 60s and actually doesn’t live at the location and actually lives over 2 hours away. He has or does own many properties. One good way to find out if anyone lives in the house across the road from the old shed is to go there at night and see if the lights are on I guess. I tried texting the phone number they have him down for but haven’t received a response back. I’m quite sure that he would gladly say yes. Eventually I will probably return permission or no permission. Since there is early 1900s stuff then I think it’s definitely worth investing time in. Soda bottle potential. If it was only 30s-modern stuff then I probably wouldn’t be so ecstatic about returning.
What is creel walking? Is that walking in the stream, creek or river bed? That is public access land and okay as long as you are in the stream. Digging into the bank that goes down to the sream is usually not allowed.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac