Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PorkDaSnork

Reaction score
Cold (for August) and windy today. Ideal conditions for dump digging. No bugs. Don’t overheat myself. Went digging. 4 new bottles. 2 are the same, both are small and are embossed with CONTENTS: 2 FL OZ in them. Found em next to each other. Then I pulled a small “P.D & Co” Amber bottle with (possibly?) original contents in it... liquid in it and I can’t get the damned cap off for the life of me. Gave up, thinking I might break the thing. Then pulled (in my opinion) the coolest one: a cobalt Wyeth Philadelphia. Unfortunately there is chips on the cap of the Wyeth. Let me know what ya think! Would like to know value, who P.D & Co were, and the bottle manufacturer of the 2 Fl Oz bottles.

Last edited:

PorkDaSnork

Reaction score
here’s da pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 275
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 280
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 287
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 280
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 281

hemihampton

Reaction score
The PD & Co is most likely Park Davis & Company from Detroit Michigan. Since I'm from Detroit They are more common around here & I dig them occasionally. Congrats. LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That Wyeth poison is a great find! Never seen that design before, real shame that it's got the lip damage.
And I agree with Leon that PD & Co is Parke Davis. Their bottles show up here a lot too, they had pretty wide distribution by the turn of the 20th century.

RCO

Reaction score
there is a lot of those 2 oz bottles out there , I've found them before , not entirely sure what was in them , likely various different products used them back then .

but often flavouring extract came in them , although other products that required small bottles could of also used them

Huntindog

Reaction score
I've had luck heating the bottle (not the top) in warm++ water. not too hot, so it expands the neck and not the top.
Dip the bottle in a pan of warm+ water holding it by the top and let it warm up the neck a bit and gently try to twist the top loose.
Be careful... not to hot and the bottle not to cold.
I would wear gloves too, you don't know what is in there...
Just so you know this has ended up with a pan full of broken glass and me with a nice top with no bottle or a bottle with no top.
Try at your own risk..
Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18