Finnish Bottling Works - M Talso - Cobalt Ont

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
when I was searching for Cobalt bottles and info the other day I came across this bottle posted to a facebook group , well was actually 2 different bottles posted a clear and aqua version .

both are for a bottler called M Talso , Finnish Bottling Works Cobalt Ont .

he's not listed in any of the bottle books that I have and don't recall seeing this one before . there is listings for finnish bottling works in Sudbury and Sault Ste Marie Ontario . the posts online seemed to indicate it was related to a bottler from nearly Haileybury and 20's or 30's era but I'm not 100 % sure as I can't find anything about it .

I also don't recall ever hearing about there being a large finnish population in Cobalt area , but its well known there is some in Thunder Bay and Sudbury .

cobalt-finnishbottlingworks.jpg
cobalt-finnishbottlingworks.jpg
cobalt-finnishbottlingworks1.jpg
cobalt-finnishbottlingworks1.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
also came across this one , listed as 20's > 30's era from Sault Ste Marie Ontario , plain clear 7 oz bottle , don't know much else about them and not sure if I've seen one in person before

Finnish Bottling Works - Soo Ont

finnishbottlingworks-soo.jpg
finnishbottlingworks-soo.jpg

mctaggart67

Reaction score
From a business newspaper, August, 1919:

"Cobalt, Ont.—August 12—The building at the corner of Earl Street and Thompson Avenue, owned by Mrs. M. Talso, was destroyed. No insurance."

The M maybe for this person. Then again, it was likely her husband or a male relative who did the bottling.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu