First 1800's Pot ??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

David Osborn

Reaction score
Hi all. Found this in a tumble-down ravine behind some homes in Bellevue Nebraska, Its oldest town. Part is missing and i did not see the piece in the few minutes i was exploring today. Can anyone fill in the missing words, orcome up with an age/worth if it was intact ??? Thinking of asking the home owner about digging this ravine (tho he wouldn't really own it) any thoughts on digging the big old hills behind old homes, (where people just dumped their trash over the edge years ago ? I hate to ask and be told 'no' then i feel like i can't go back.)-Dave

David Osborn

Reaction score
here is the pot photo

pot is about six inches tall, no lid. Writing reads (xxxxx means the section thats missing): GRAND XXXXXXVIENNA 187?/JAMES.....SON LTD/ONLY PRIZE...MARMALADE/LONDON/CENTENXXXX/MADE IN DUNDEE, SCOTLAND/BY JAMES KEILLERS & SONS. Bottom of pot is impressed with words POT MADE IN ENGLAND.

Pm35078.jpg

Attachments

• Pm35078.jpg
    Pm35078.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 144

oz-riley

Reaction score
You would be better to get permision off the owner of the land, this may not be the the people in the houses near by. Try your local council they will be able to tell you who owns the land.

Chris

Latest posts

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp