First first michelob

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Never got one of these first Michelob bottles. Has a weird shape but cannot be mistaken for any other brand.
IMG_20200521_072539.jpg

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Hey Robby, I used to drink Michelob, but not in the era of that bottle. But, have always liked the "sexy" shape of it;). I remember my pop having a couple displayed on the shelf in his basement bar.
Cool find,
~Fred

RCO

Reaction score
never found one of those before , don't remember Michelob ever coming in such a bottle , although not sure what year they started selling it in Canada .

pretty sure its only been available here more recently , find modern Michelob bottles and cans pretty often , not as popular as some other light beer brands but people who drink it

treeguyfred

Reaction score
not as popular as some other light beer brands
RCO, Michelob actually started to join the light beers very late.... Michelob from AB was sorta like Lincoln was to Ford, the higher end beer in it's day.
~Fred

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
never found one of those before , don't remember Michelob ever coming in such a bottle , although not sure what year they started selling it in Canada .

pretty sure its only been available here more recently , find modern Michelob bottles and cans pretty often , not as popular as some other light beer brands but people who drink it
I find tons of michelob, budweiser and corona bottles. Along roads and in the bushes. When and if they ever become valuable, i know where lots of them are. Not that they will. No labels or caps, if they are on the bottle they are usually rusted.

RCO

Reaction score
I find tons of michelob, budweiser and corona bottles. Along roads and in the bushes. When and if they ever become valuable, i know where lots of them are. Not that they will. No labels or caps, if they are on the bottle they are usually rusted.

I can't imagine they'd ever be valuable , years later they might be worth a couple bucks but on average its about 30 years before things start to become collectable , why stuff from the 80's and early 90's is collectable now but wasn't 10 or 15 years ago

there is a 10 cent deposit on modern beer bottles here , if you return them to the beer store , that's where most of the ones I find go , unless there broken then its in glass recycling

I've had Michelob before at our local pub , its on the water , way overpriced , like $6 or $7 for 1 bottle but considering the atmosphere it wasn't that bad and you don't have to worry about driving home impaired if your drinking beer that light , but they've been closed since march due to covid 19 , funny the little things you miss , not sure when they'll reopen or if they even still sell that beer , was a couple beers they cut last year

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
The picture you posted does look like the first style used, I had a chance to buy one with labels and cap at a beer can show near me last October, it was only priced at a dollar....lol.....I'm not sure why I didn't buy it at that price and still ask myself that question often, here's a comparison picture of the early (on the left) and then commonly used bottles, also a pic with label of the early version.e3859eb1c977b874322f7a69f1d99996.jpgMichelob.gif

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
The picture you posted does look like the first style used, I had a chance to buy one with labels and cap at a beer can show near me last October, it was only priced at a dollar....lol.....I'm not sure why I didn't buy it at that price and still ask myself that question often, here's a comparison picture of the early (on the left) and then commonly used bottles, also a pic with label of the early version.View attachment 207600View attachment 207601
I would have bought the bottle. So that's what the label looked like. They look like they did not change too much (if i am not mistaken) with the newer ones. Thanks for the pictures RoyalRuby. P. S. Ruby is my birthstone.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I can't imagine they'd ever be valuable , years later they might be worth a couple bucks but on average its about 30 years before things start to become collectable , why stuff from the 80's and early 90's is collectable now but wasn't 10 or 15 years ago

there is a 10 cent deposit on modern beer bottles here , if you return them to the beer store , that's where most of the ones I find go , unless there broken then its in glass recycling

I've had Michelob before at our local pub , its on the water , way overpriced , like $6 or $7 for 1 bottle but considering the atmosphere it wasn't that bad and you don't have to worry about driving home impaired if your drinking beer that light , but they've been closed since march due to covid 19 , funny the little things you miss , not sure when they'll reopen or if they even still sell that beer , was a couple beers they cut last year
I know we are going to maybe lose some places (bars and restaurants) that were not doing too great in the first place. We as a people may not be living into our 90s and 100s as much. Bummer.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown