First first michelob

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I know we are going to maybe lose some places (bars and restaurants) that were not doing too great in the first place. We as a people may not be living into our 90s and 100s as much. Bummer.

the restaurants in our downtown don't plan on closing , oddly all 3 of the main ones are currently renovating

2 went thru nearly full renovations ( 1 had started before covid and was just getting ready to open , other started once covid hit , guess decided since they were closed anyways it be a good time to renovate )
and other needed to rebuilt entire outdoor patio after it was damaged in a major spring flood in 2019

so apparently they expect things to be busy in the near future , although its likely they'll be forced to operate at 50 % capacity and with many new restrictions for some time to come

we haven't had any restaurants close yet in my area although I'd anticipate some will close by fall or winter when things slow down and bills become too much and a general realisation its time to move on

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
the restaurants in our downtown don't plan on closing , oddly all 3 of the main ones are currently renovating

2 went thru nearly full renovations ( 1 had started before covid and was just getting ready to open , other started once covid hit , guess decided since they were closed anyways it be a good time to renovate )
and other needed to rebuilt entire outdoor patio after it was damaged in a major spring flood in 2019

so apparently they expect things to be busy in the near future , although its likely they'll be forced to operate at 50 % capacity and with many new restrictions for some time to come

we haven't had any restaurants close yet in my area although I'd anticipate some will close by fall or winter when things slow down and bills become too much and a general realisation its time to move on
Good time to renovate. Most of the places by me are doing take out only. Nice places you have to dress up to go into you can now eat in you t-shirt and ripped jeans. I think the towns should have worked on the roads while everyone was told to not be out. No one was on the road. Now some of us are all going back to work. It will be a hassle with the increased traffic. Construction in N.J. never stopped. Weird who got to and who did not get to work. All i know is i need a haircut bad, it grows fast. I look like a 60's hippie. Stay safe! ROBBYBOBBY.
IMG_20200518_174643.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
Good time to renovate. Most of the places by me are doing take out only. Nice places you have to dress up to go into you can now eat in you t-shirt and ripped jeans. I think the towns should have worked on the roads while everyone was told to not be out. No one was on the road. Now some of us are all going back to work. It will be a hassle with the increased traffic. Construction in N.J. never stopped. Weird who got to and who did not get to work. All i know is i need a haircut bad, it grows fast. I look like a 60's hippie. Stay safe! ROBBYBOBBY.

some of the restaurants here are doing take out only , being a small town we don't really have any delivery services

the 3 places downtown renovating , 2 are entirely closed and 1 is doing take out ( the one just repairing the patio as entire of restaurant still ok )

road construction here never stopped and is a few new projects , one is tearing up entire main business area/street just past the downtown , bit of a disaster but maybe a good year for it as likely very few tourists this year anyways

we normally get tons of tourists here from late june till late august but somehow suspect this year be way less , US border is also closed to non essential travel so only Canadian tourists can come here now

not sure whats going on downtown , they allowed small shops with own entrance to reopen this week but when I drove thru everything was still closed , so either they decided no point to open or its still too risky or some of them plan to closedown and don't have the money to re open

RCO

Reaction score
Even if resaurant are allowed to seat people again, how do they eat with a mask on?

I really wonder how things will work out , I assume customers won't be required to wear one when eating or drinking , only be staff most likely those in the kitchen ( where they work close to each other and cannot distance ) and servers who will have one

there also talking about closing streets or parking lots so places can add more outdoor patio space . not sure how that will work out or what types of streets could be closed down without causing major disruptions

most of these places also usually don't have enough parking spaces so not sure how they could remove them and function properly

the pub during there pre covid renovation also removed a lot of there outdoor patio seating and replaced it with indoor seating , talk about bad timing , now there going to be asking for more outdoor seating after having just decided to get rid of it

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I really wonder how things will work out , I assume customers won't be required to wear one when eating or drinking , only be staff most likely those in the kitchen ( where they work close to each other and cannot distance ) and servers who will have one

there also talking about closing streets or parking lots so places can add more outdoor patio space . not sure how that will work out or what types of streets could be closed down without causing major disruptions

most of these places also usually don't have enough parking spaces so not sure how they could remove them and function properly

the pub during there pre covid renovation also removed a lot of there outdoor patio seating and replaced it with indoor seating , talk about bad timing , now there going to be asking for more outdoor seating after having just decided to get rid of it
Until the winter or just as bad a rainy day.

RCO

Reaction score
Until the winter or just as bad a rainy day.

think the problem is trying to predict the weather , was some years where they lost business on raindays by not having enough indoor seating

however in the covid 19 era , outdoor seating is going to be in demand and most popular option especially during summer

very nice out today , they'd be packed if they were open , owner must be dying thinking how much money he's losing on days like today

but all 3 of these spots are renovating and throwing big $ on it , seems like a gamble when it might be now be 1 or 2 years before restaurant / pub dining and nightlife could even being to return to normal and that is being optimistic , as the younger generation won't even be in the habit of going to these places and there previous customer base will have moved on with life in many cases , people move away or aren't single anymore or find jobs and stop going out at night

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
think the problem is trying to predict the weather , was some years where they lost business on raindays by not having enough indoor seating

however in the covid 19 era , outdoor seating is going to be in demand and most popular option especially during summer

very nice out today , they'd be packed if they were open , owner must be dying thinking how much money he's losing on days like today

but all 3 of these spots are renovating and throwing big $ on it , seems like a gamble when it might be now be 1 or 2 years before restaurant / pub dining and nightlife could even being to return to normal and that is being optimistic , as the younger generation won't even be in the habit of going to these places and there previous customer base will have moved on with life in many cases , people move away or aren't single anymore or find jobs and stop going out at night
Not a gamble when it is all a tax write-off.

RCO

Reaction score
Not a gamble when it is all a tax write-off.

true there is things like that which might help cover the costs

they could have a nice looking half empty building for a while before things return to normal . no way I see the restaurant scene here recovering in 2020 , it will be summer 2021 at the earliest

this year is mostly about survival in that industry , whatever ones survive into 2021 might have a chance of a future , but many will go under or bankrupt this year , due to rent , bills , lack of sales

someone also built a new micro brewery in our town , its just down the street from restaurants , I'm not even sure if it had its grand opening yet . a lot of its space was suppose to be for special events and such , talk about bad timing , no one is planning events and who knows when events with large crowds will even be allowed here

they spent a fortune to entirely renovate an old grocery store into a brewery but would seem this year is a bust , no one seems to drink there beer only found there cans twice in the wild

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Ther is a very high end catering business that turned into a supermarket. Better than making nothing. Feast or famine i guess.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi